2 wage scales

falcon back

And our station does not require all swings to have Haz endorsement/CDL. Only 1 or 2 in each workgroup. Plus those are mostly class c cdl so it's basically just for the endorsement not driving bigger trucks. If a Haz package that requires placard shows up they just move swings around to take care of it.
Moving a swing to a different rt because he has a CDL seems odd. If certain people are off and the swings with CDL are spoken for, could present a problem. Much easier to have all swings with a Haz and no worries. The new Bob trucks don't even require a CDL by law but the company requires one anyway. The chassis are lighter and are under CDL weight class.

MAKAVELI

Moving a swing to a different rt because he has a CDL seems odd. If certain people are off and the swings with CDL are spoken for, could present a problem. Much easier to have all swings with a Haz and no worries. The new Bob trucks don't even require a CDL by law but the company requires one anyway. The chassis are lighter and are under CDL weight class.
On property you don't need a CDL off property yes you do.

falcon back

Well which is it? You going to send me the policy or am I too dumb to read it?

Judging by your grammar, you don't know the answer.
Get a friend to read the DOT rules to you. Certain loads, no matter the quantity require a placard and a CDL. You really are ignorant if you dont know the basic rules.

falcon back

On property you don't need a CDL off property yes you do.
Some of newer bob trucks DO NOT require a CDL by DOT rules. On or off property. They are lighter than the 26001lb DOT weight requirement. Fdx requires one in case you drive a heavier chassis bob truck. Air brakes no longer require a CDL, just 26001 and placard loads. Fella you make statements about things that MIGHT be relevant to your area but not the entire system. Some stations have an entire fleet of the lighter trucks and their drivers do not have a CDL because they do not have access to heavier trucks. I guess they are taking a chance that no bulks will need a placard.

Last edited:

vantexan

Last few stations I was at required swings to have CDL/haz endorsement but no regular courier. If a courier got a placarded haz it was given to a swing. Part of the problem I think was the difficulty keeping newhires who didn't want to go to the trouble of getting an endorsement. Swings however want the higher pay so they meet the requirement. But that may vary by station, district, or region.