2009 Cola????

dragracer66

Has anybody on here heard anything about a cola this year? I keep getting different numbers. I hear .15 all the way down to .10 cents. I was going to try to figure it out myself but when I saw how it was calculated I remembered why I'm a mechanic and not a CFO for parcel.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Has anybody on here heard anything about a cola this year? I keep getting different numbers. I hear .15 all the way down to .10 cents. I was going to try to figure it out myself but when I saw how it was calculated I remembered why I'm a mechanic and not a CFO for parcel.
Fortunate if the COLA even kicks in this year.
Negative inflation over the last year the last time I saw.

Stran

Holy Toledo
Hoax is correct. The index has been down due to deflation this year. Good thing they don't subtract from our pay!!

brett636

If last year were not a contract year we would have received some kind of COLA raise, but this year COLA is not going to kick in for us because of the reversal in consumer prices over the last year.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Have yet to look at the monthlies regarding the CPI index and their derived values. They come out in June so the number is probably out. It would at least initially appear as though the index has not dropped too substantially nor gained as of this May in comparison to the rest of 2009 (Jan-Apr)

Of course the COLA raise, if any, is calculated by subtracting the index values for the current May by the previous Mays monthly value, plus 3%.

The difference of .2 points in the prior years base earns 1 cent. The raise is only payable if it exceeds 5 cents.

The idea is that we need a sharp drop in the index ( which we have seen since May 2008 through 2009, at least according to the index values that I saw several months ago) followed by a rebound for next spring.

We shall see!

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
Just voted on our (IAM) contract yesterday in local 447, discussed contract front to back, looks like no cola this year due to economy! But a fat $0.75 raise!!!! YAY

Last edited:

dragracer66

Just voted on our (IAM) contract yesterday in local 447, discussed contract front to back, looks like no cola this year due to economy! But a fat $0.75 raise!!!! YAY
Yea... We vote on ours in a couple of weeks. From what I have seen it looks pretty good. I'm glad were not getting the split raise. That was a big deal down here....

MechanicForBrown

it is a good contract considering the times we are in right now. I'm very happy! just hope the rest of the people in the country vote it in. If you want to know anything about it, PM me and I'll give ya the major changes. Got plenty of copies here at home.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
it is a good contract considering the times we are in right now. I'm very happy! just hope the rest of the people in the country vote it in. If you want to know anything about it, PM me and I'll give ya the major changes. Got plenty of copies here at home.

.75 cent raise is .75 more than you had so the raise seems pretty good. Better than our split raises :peaceful:

bubsdad

"Hang in there!"
At this particular point in time, complaining about ANY raise seems somewhat ludicrous. Ask Hoke or Tie how much of a raise they're getting.

MechanicForBrown

.75 cent raise is .75 more than you had so the raise seems pretty good. Better than our split raises :peaceful:

At this particular point in time, complaining about ANY raise seems somewhat ludicrous. Ask Hoke or Tie how much of a raise they're getting.

I think you guys miss under stood, I am not complaining about .75. I am very happy about it! I was just saying " no cola, BUT a nice $0.75 raise!"
I'm saying not having a cola is fine with a .75 cent raise. I am a humble man and would never complain about a raise no matter how big or small, not when I have family members that are on the unemployment train.:peaceful:

ups79

I doubt if any cola will be handed out for the next two years at the least. Social Security recipients are frozen at current benefits for a least the next two years.

Channahon

I doubt if any cola will be handed out for the next two years at the least. Social Security recipients are frozen at current benefits for a least the next two years.

That in itself says the economy is in the toilet for the next 2 years. And when the economy recovers, it may never be the way we knew it, before this economical nightmare. What a mess!!