2012 Pay band.......

Mick32

One of the PDS Sups who is in his 50s asked "If I have zero chance of getting a raise for my last two years, why should I even do a QPR?"
I think that's a fair question.

mg5

Started in our district and operations last night. Seems anyone over 50 with 20- 25 years is considered over the pay band grade presently and we will
NOT be getting a raise this year. Managers and sups were told.
Looks like a calculated way to lower our final years of compensation which effects many areas and a way to push management out and help build war chest for up coming contract, pay Davis and the board members and LOWER YOUR BEST 5 IN 10 YEARS for anyone close to retirement.

Oh, you can look to move up a band in your grade but who do you push out.

There is absolutely no consideration for your past assignments, positions or departments ! It really is what do you do now.

So......work for what your MIP was and what your worth in corporate's eyes are ? Because they certainly do not value your years, experience or knowledge.

We are gone down the tubes....

Bucket of Boltz

"... anyone over 50 with 20-25 years is considered over the pay band grade presently and we will NOT be getting a reiase this year..."

Well I am older with more years of service and I am not over the maximum and I know many co-wokers in the same situation. People need to be carefull about statements that they apply to everyone.

Mick32

Started in our district and operations last night. Seems anyone over 50 with 20- 25 years is considered over the pay band grade presently and we will
NOT be getting a raise this year. Managers and sups were told.
Looks like a calculated way to lower our final years of compensation which effects many areas and a way to push management out and help build war chest for up coming contract, pay Davis and the board members and LOWER YOUR BEST 5 IN 10 YEARS for anyone close to retirement.

Oh, you can look to move up a band in your grade but who do you push out.

There is absolutely no consideration for your past assignments, positions or departments ! It really is what do you do now.

So......work for what your MIP was and what your worth in corporate's eyes are ? Because they certainly do not value your years, experience or knowledge.

We are gone down the tubes....

On road guys in their 50s apparently are going to get raises, at least here.

lowlysup

Interesting topic. I am a 20-year UPSer. I started as a PT union employee, and now have 13 years in management. Last week, I was called into the boss's office to be told I am paid too much. My QPR is above average, I work hard, play the game, and this is what I get. They continue to take from me year after year. Meanwhile, Scott Davis' 2011 compensation was up 22%, to 13.1 million. I can tell you that my total compensation is just under 1/10 of 1 million. This is not Jim Casey's UPS.

mg5

"... anyone over 50 with 20-25 years is considered over the pay band grade presently and we will NOT be getting a reiase this year..."

Well I am older with more years of service and I am not over the maximum and I know many co-wokers in the same situation. People need to be carefull about statements that they apply to everyone.

B of B , I did not say everyone. But if 6 people over 50 with 20 - 25 years of service are told this you start to see a pattern here.

As I said it does not matter what you did previously..on-car, on-road etc. It is what you do today.

Bucket of Boltz

Interesting topic. I am a 20-year UPSer. I started as a PT union employee, and now have 13 years in management. Last week, I was called into the boss's office to be told I am paid too much. My QPR is above average, I work hard, play the game, and this is what I get. They continue to take from me year after year. Meanwhile, Scott Davis' 2011 compensation was up 22%, to 13.1 million. I can tell you that my total compensation is just under 1/10 of 1 million. This is not Jim Casey's UPS.

At what point does a company have the obligation to all of it's employees to say that there is a limit to the amount they will pay for a job to be performed? We all continue to recieve a very rich, short term incentive (MIP) eventhough some of us may be over the maximum of our pay range.

beentheredonethat

At what point does a company have the obligation to all of it's employees to say that there is a limit to the amount they will pay for a job to be performed? We all continue to recieve a very rich, short term incentive (MIP) eventhough some of us may be over the maximum of our pay range.

Good question and I agree with it in theory. My issue is that they pawn it off as an enhancement. Tell us that they are making changes which will have negative consequences especially for certain jobs. Here's the other issue, they announce now what is going to happen, but for many folks they still haven't stated what each job is classified as. I personally just moved within my department from one job to another. I was told it was a lateral and a rotation to round me out and prepare to move to a div mgr level. I still don't know what my old job will be graded (if it ever does) nor do I know what my current job will be graded. I may have just moved and gone to a lower job grade. If they wanted to make this change, I think they should have done something like the following. Effective now, all jobs are classified 20A, 20B etc. The current target points are known. Everyone will know where they stand. Over the next two years people are slotted under the normal routine of rotations but with the effort of putting people into their appropriate job grade. ie better employees into jobs with a higher job grade. Then implement the pay rates to coincide with the job being performed. Like I've mentioned earlier, in one center the PL supv left. The mgr had two on roads, one on road had more experience including PL experience, the other on road had much less time with company and no PL experience. The more experienced on road went to PL, now he is deemed to be in a lower job grade and he is over the PL pay rate max. I think that stinks. So it's not what they are doing I'm complaining about. It's how it is being implemented is what I disagree with.

smokey

I agree. At some point UPS should have drew the line. Im pretty sure there will be some law suits regarding this implementation, similar to the when the made adjustments in 2008 to pension plans............ More reason for a contract with this back door.

smokey

I agree. At some point UPS should have drew the line. Im pretty sure there will be some law suits regarding this implementation, similar to the when the made adjustments in 2008 to pension plans............ More reason for a contract with this back door.

The salary committee never revealed if they will re+evaluate the pay band every year to compensate for CPI/COLA.......A person who is at their maximum pay band will continue to lose purchasing power each year??? Especially, if there is no opportunity or limited options of rotation within your functions.... I SMELL LAWSUIT!!!!