2012 Pay band.......

Catatonic

Nine Lives
For all those who talk about lawsuits, I have been told by several management employees that after completing their QPRs for their employees, they were told by upper management to go back and do them again....with lower scores. Are you kidding me? That is crying for a lawsuit.

While that is true (just as it was 20 years ago), I fail to understand the basis for a viable lawsuit.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
50% of the management team in my department was negatively impacted by this new pay band.
I have been with UPS for 28 years and have been told there is a good chance I won't get a raise next year.
I remember the days when we were all called partners. I really miss those days.
This has in essence taken away my 1/2 month bonus since I will not get a raise based on the fact I am overpaid.
I rated over 110% on my QPR and was rated a strong performer. I am responsible for an AM and PM operation. If I'm not at work I am basically on call.

50% of the management team in my department was negatively impacted by this new pay band.
More like 15 - 20 % in our area.

I have been with UPS for 28 years ...

I have been with United Parcel Service for 30 years and UPS for 9 years.

.... and have been told there is a good chance I won't get a raise next year.
I wasn't told that but that is pretty much my case this year and probably next year and onward.
Of course, that is better than making less and being eligible for "normal" raises.

I remember the days when we were all called partners. I really miss those days.

So do I ...you must be an old fart!
Once all us old farts are gone, the new people will not know any different.
I also miss the opportunity to talk about and encourage the culture of the old company ... I feel cheated more in that way than I do about not being a partner anymore ... I find that sort of strange.

This has in essence taken away my 1/2 month bonus since I will not get a raise based on the fact I am overpaid.
This was what everyone said when the 1/2 month went away ... cynicism has set in very hard in management when it comes to compensation.
The new people will not miss it since they never had it.

I rated over 110% on my QPR and was rated a strong performer.
As was I.

I am responsible for an AM and PM operation. If I'm not at work I am basically on call.

Hate those split shifts. My last operations assignment was being the preload and Twilight sort manager. That was tough.

Karma...

The old rules of the private company do not apply anymore. Its taking a long time for this to completely sink into the old school heads.
Only the dim-witted ones .... it's probably more just momentum than a true belief....................Maybe in Atlanta this rings true but out here in the field true beliefs die hard....I would rather be dim-witted than half-witted....I concur with your distinction between United Parcel Service ( with the Parcel on the Shield) vs UPS ( with the Parcel gone ).

Karma...

Hmmmm ... from an external observational perception, is there any difference? :itwashim3:
Sure. potential to improve. I think what galls most of us is that UPS is run by people from outside the company and didnt come up thru the ranks. Its probable never even sat behind the wheel of a brownie or did any time in the hub.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sure. potential to improve. I think what galls most of us is that UPS is run by people from outside the company and didnt come up thru the ranks. Its probable never even sat behind the wheel of a brownie or did any time in the hub.

Been here 23 years and have never driven a brownie--I've eaten a few, but never driven one or heard a PC called one. Tells me just how out of touch you may be.

I have 29 years with UPS (25 in management). Remember that 4.1% raise you got to compensate you for the 1/2 month that went away? That will prevent many people like myself who are in the upper section of my payband from getting raises in the next few years. I'm sure someone in the compensation commitee who thought to do this is so proud of the millions they will save UPS. People...we are making record profits now. I feel this great company that I have worked very hard for has slapped me in the face. I don't know how I could possibly get more motivated. We are becoming any company USA. Put that in your class action file.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I have 29 years with UPS (25 in management). Remember that 4.1% raise you got to compensate you for the 1/2 month that went away? That will prevent many people like myself who are in the upper section of my payband from getting raises in the next few years. I'm sure someone in the compensation commitee who thought to do this is so proud of the millions they will save UPS. People...we are making record profits now. I feel this great company that I have worked very hard for has slapped me in the face. I don't know how I could possibly get more motivated. We are becoming any company USA. Put that in your class action file.

we must have saved a ton....we bought another company..say what??

COH_IE

Remember that 4.1% raise you got to compensate you for the 1/2 month that went away? That will prevent many people like myself who are in the upper section of my payband from getting raises in the next few years.
4.167%, but who's counting?

it's like a chess match now, this compensation committee.