2020 Election

bacha29

In plea deals the most serious crime committed is what the plea agreement covers. There is no charge as you state therefore what you state is not factual. Flynn's only crime is lying to the FBI.

To get that charge it is clear the FBI had to lie to Flynn.

The lie being they decieved and coerced.
Please spare me Newf. If anybody should know the consequences of lying to the FBI it sure as hell ought to be the National Security Adviser. We'll soon see how many defense claims of deception and coercion the judge is going to buy. But, there is no question that the FBI had enough solid evidence on Flynn to "lock him up" for a very long time but are contented to let him off easy because he's just one of a platoon size group of people who are complicit in an attempt to swing the election by hook or by crook in their favor.

vantexan

Please spare me Newf. If anybody should know the consequences of lying to the FBI it sure as hell ought to be the National Security Adviser. We'll soon see how many defense claims of deception and coercion the judge is going to buy. But, there is no question that the FBI had enough solid evidence on Flynn to "lock him up" for a very long time but are contented to let him off easy because he's just one of a platoon size group of people who are complicit in an attempt to swing the election by hook or by crook in their favor.
So the initial interviewers said they didn't believe he was lying but that's not what Mueller wanted so he told Flynn he was lying and Mueller would go after his family if he didn't admit to it. And that's enough for you to brand Flynn a liar? And being an unregistered agent for a foreign government isn't some cloak and dagger treasonous thing. Happens all the time in Washington. Lobbyists push something on behalf of a foreign government for Congress or the White House to consider while not disclosing they are being compensated to do so. Supposed to register so that there's transparency but it often doesn't happen. Not rarely, but often. To go after someone on that is a minimal thing except to conspiracy theorists. You know, the kind of people who think Reince Priebus is going to scout out nuclear test sites in North Korea.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
ask yourself why he was never convicted of a crime when he served under obama

moreluck

golden ticket member
Scenario...…..Biden / Beto ticket. They win. Biden has a heart attack and dies...….President Beto is sworn in. God help us!!!!

vantexan

Scenario...…..Biden / Beto ticket. They win. Biden has a heart attack and dies...….President Beto is sworn in. God help us!!!!
Only if there's a Democrat controlled Congress to put forth legislation for him to sign. Then just about every idea they've been advocating will happen.

bacha29

ask yourself why he was never convicted of a crime when he served under obama
Because he was never charged with a crime. He left as director of the DIA and retired from the military in 2014. The focus of the investigation surrounded his activities as president of the Flynn Intel Group which he founded in 2015 as a private citizen .

bacha29

So the initial interviewers said they didn't believe he was lying but that's not what Mueller wanted so he told Flynn he was lying and Mueller would go after his family if he didn't admit to it. And that's enough for you to brand Flynn a liar? And being an unregistered agent for a foreign government isn't some cloak and dagger treasonous thing. Happens all the time in Washington. Lobbyists push something on behalf of a foreign government for Congress or the White House to consider while not disclosing they are being compensated to do so. Supposed to register so that there's transparency but it often doesn't happen. Not rarely, but often. To go after someone on that is a minimal thing except to conspiracy theorists. You know, the kind of people who think Reince Priebus is going to scout out nuclear test sites in North Korea.
Court is back in session .

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Because he was never charged with a crime. He left as director of the DIA and retired from the military in 2014. The focus of the investigation surrounded his activities as president of the Flynn Intel Group which he founded in 2015 as a private citizen .
he was fired under obama

newfie

Please spare me Newf. If anybody should know the consequences of lying to the FBI it sure as hell ought to be the National Security Adviser. We'll soon see how many defense claims of deception and coercion the judge is going to buy.

There is every question that the FBI had anything at all other than lying to the FBI to charge him with.
There was no treason as you try to make a case that was clearly spelled out in court today and the Logan act was basically laughed at when that was brought up in 1/2 ass attempt by the prosecutor today.
so that leaves lying to the FBI. back to my original point it was apparently okay for the FBI to lie to Flynn multiple times but it's not okay for Flynn to lie to the FBI in return.

Box Ox

Sounds like the judge was super pissed today about what Flynn has done. And like Flynn has agreed to continue to assist Mueller in draining the Trump swamp so he can avoid the jail time that probably would have been dropped on him today.

bacha29

There is every question that the FBI had anything at all other than lying to the FBI to charge him with.
There was no treason as you try to make a case that was clearly spelled out in court today and the Logan act was basically laughed at when that was brought up in 1/2 ass attempt by the prosecutor today.
so that leaves lying to the FBI. back to my original point it was apparently okay for the FBI to lie to Flynn multiple times but it's not okay for Flynn to lie to the FBI in return.
Sooooo, the defense goes into the courtroom and insults the judge's intelligence with this claim that their client the former head of the NSA didn't know that it's not nice to lie to the FBI. In turn he delays sentencing so Flynn can decide to tell everything and I mean everything he knows or go to jail. Perhaps it' s the redacted part that could be the final chapter in this saga. It didn't go well for Mikey today.

newfie

Sounds like the judge was super :censored2: today about what Flynn has done. And like Flynn has agreed to continue to assist Mueller in draining the Trump swamp so he can avoid the jail time that probably would have been dropped on him today.

They have a couple of Turks to fry before Flynn gets his sentence

newfie

Sooooo, the defense goes into the courtroom and insults the judge's intelligence with this claim that their client the former head of the NSA didn't know that it's not nice to lie to the FBI. In turn he delays sentencing so Flynn can decide to tell everything and I mean everything he knows or go to jail. Perhaps it' s the redacted part that could be the final chapter in this saga. It didn't go well for Mikey today.

Not what I saw were you watching CNN .
With the original 302 dissaperearing Flynn has nothing to fight the abuse of government power.
He's being served on the alter by a government that lied to catch him lying.

bacha29

Not what I saw were you watching CNN .
With the original 302 dissaperearing Flynn has nothing to fight the abuse of government power.
He's being served on the alter by a government that lied to catch him lying.
Quit making excuses for the guy. With you it's always an abuse of power if it's a Republican on the hot seat . The judge put the entire matter in clear perspective with one simple sentence......"You sold out your country".

vantexan

Quit making excuses for the guy. With you it's always an abuse of power if it's a Republican on the hot seat . The judge put the entire matter in clear perspective with one simple sentence......"You sold out your country".
Gee, I wonder if he got the millions Bill and Hillary got for selling out their country?

newfie

I have a problem with the government resorting to dishonest means to trap someone.

Meanwhile you support this abuse of power if it favors your political postion.