2020 Peak Over

vvv

Worked out horribly but a lot has changed since then. Around here Amazon trucks are like fire hydrants.....there’s one on every street corner. Competition is not only a good thing but has the potential of leaving us with our pants down.

But I like having my pants down......

Cloud

This was hardly a "peak season" this time around. There were almost as many PVDs as drivers at my center. There were a few days I got sent home, yet they worked PVDs. This is at the same time where we are cutting off our biggest shippers, dumping hundreds of packages onto the post office, and not fully utilizing the full-time workforce. Nobody's staying out late and I'm out on misload duty just to get my 8 hours in.

Brownsocks

Just a dog
This was hardly a "peak season" this time around. There were almost as many PVDs as drivers at my center. There were a few days I got sent home, yet they worked PVDs. This is at the same time where we are cutting off our biggest shippers, dumping hundreds of packages onto the post office, and not fully utilizing the full-time workforce. Nobody's staying out late and I'm out on misload duty just to get my 8 hours in.
You do have guarantees

The Driver

I drive.
Sometimes they really slosh around.

jim.jpg

BeachBoy

You mean those things I push/drop on the lip separating the floor from the rear floor, hoping they get damaged?
Yeah, they suck, but you are just pushing the RTS's back into the system, making sure another 6 employees at minimum have to deal with your laziness. Way to be a dick.

UPSER1987

Yeah, they suck, but you are just pushing the RTS's back into the system, making sure another 6 employees at minimum have to deal with your laziness. Way to be a dick.
You have to understand...it’s all about him...that’s the kind of guy you hope someone spits on his food at the restaurant

11.19igrad

It's a disgrace to our Union when my dispatcher builds a route for my PVD driver and I act as the shuttle driver bringing his work to him. I did not work one peak day into the dark this year. I punched out at 2:51pm today code 06. Seeing all of our volume get dumped onto the post office and watching the postal carriers shove our packages into the mailbox is a joke too. We need drastic changes next contract in many key areas.
jeez

rod

Retired 22 years
All seasonals at my center received a text this morning saying thanks for the help and you are no longer needed.
But-but-but ——- they had all been promised the opportunity to be kept on if they busted their butts and skipped their breaks. Are you saying UPS lied?

TerryLee

But-but-but ——- they had all been promised the opportunity to be kept on if they busted their butts and skipped their breaks. Are you saying UPS lied?
No way this old man could handle being a full time driver, let alone a loader. I know how hard you guys and girls work.
I was expecting the job to last until mid January, since we were told that during onboarding.

Stay safe out there.

35years

Gravy route
The fight over non-union seasonals was lost long ago without a whimper.

What difference does it make if they are seasonal drivers UPS rents a truck for, or a PVD who uses own vehicle? Either way it is a scab.

At least this year they used enough of them. We as drivers actually had a life in November and December.

Screw the sales people on here complaining about vollume caps....at least our employees were treated like human beings.