2023 contract

Thebrownblob

I think drivers should be on one tier and share the same wage. I don't care if that wage is 70/hour - good for you. I also think there is something very wrong with a new hire making more than a 10-year union employee and the solution is not to tell the 10-year employee how good their benefits are and if they don't like it man up and go drive.
I think all part timers should share the same wage that’s the point of a union. Perhaps there would be a small progression. But after that everyone should make the same wage.

I think drivers should be on one tier and share the same wage. I don't care if that wage is 70/hour - good for you. I also think there is something very wrong with a new hire making more than a 10-year union employee and the solution is not to tell the 10-year employee how good their benefits are and if they don't like it man up and go drive.
Well if you was hired before this current contract you begin all the general increases and wages

But what these guys don't stay for a week a month or year they get nothing

Look I said before if you want to make the money go driving that's where the money is at

The Range

In too deep
Well if you was hired before this current contract you begin all the general increases and wages

But what these guys don't stay for a week a month or year they get nothing

Look I said before if you want to make the money go driving that's where the money is at
And this is the point you're missing. With all of those spectacular wage increases, even if you started before the last two contracts - you were still making less than a new hire post-MRA wages.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Like I said if you want to make the big butts they driving.
90E20988-F57C-42EA-B447-14DABDE35FCC.gif

No argument here 🤩 👀

The Range

In too deep
No argument for me this is our future generation I want everything and I'm not willing to work for it.
Not sure what generation you're referencing but again, you have no argument. You have this ingrained response trained into you to make it a PT vs FT issue. For the last time, the union failed to negotiate wages that kept up with minimum wages. Many tenured employees were paid less than people walking in the door. You've already tiered the drivers. Is your big idea to fix the situation for the second-tier drivers to suck it up and work harder? Put in the time as you have? If you think the solution is to suck it up and go driving, I have some bad news for you. This mentality is why we are here and pretty soon there will be no one left to pillage from to fill your gut.

The Range

In too deep
Somehow he believes we don’t care about part-timers I was a part timer so were you. My heart is with them I worked my way up. This job is a path to upper middle class even today.
Thank you for your condolences. Remind me again what any of this has to do with a new hirer with a bonus making more than someone with 15 years. That is the contract the teamsters negotiated. Sorry - we can do better.

FozziesDeliveries

Part timers are severely underpaid. Hires off of the street are not aware nor do they know how hard preload can be. I try to inform off the street hires when they get on a high horse. Anyways, in this day and age if you could get a job for almost the same starting pay at mcdonalds not many are going to want to put up with working at ups. Especially younger people, they are not going to be thinking or caring about benefits. There absolutely be should be higher wages for those who have been here awhile over new hires. Hopefully we work for the next contract negotiations to bring positive benefits for us all 😁

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Not sure what generation you're referencing but again, you have no argument. You have this ingrained response trained into you to make it a PT vs FT issue. For the last time, the union failed to negotiate wages that kept up with minimum wages. Many tenured employees were paid less than people walking in the door. You've already tiered the drivers. Is your big idea to fix the situation for the second-tier drivers to suck it up and work harder? Put in the time as you have? If you think the solution is to suck it up and go driving, I have some bad news for you. This mentality is why we are here and pretty soon there will be no one left to pillage from to fill your gut.
How many pt years do have with the firm?

The Range

In too deep
How many pt years do have with the firm?
I stopped counting. 16, I think. Many friends around 14 years and under were making less than new hires during the bonus period. Now they are boosted at the MRA rate along with new hires. Good for the new people, embarrassingly bad for the others.