2023 contract

Thebrownblob

They control all the money
Depends on the set up, they definitely are in charge of the money and keeping an accurate accounting of it. But the executive board has the final say on how it is spent. Each person has a vote. There are some things the president can do without executive board approval. We have three trustees, A secretary treasure, A vice president, A recording secretary,
And of course president.

Thebrownblob

I have met Ron H. two or three times, he seems pretty popular out west, especially with the Hispanic population. I am sure just like any person in charge he has his detractors. But he seems to continue to win his election.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
I have met Ron H. two or three times, he seems pretty popular out west, especially with the Hispanic population. I am sure just like any person in charge he has his detractors. But he seems to continue to win his election.

He’s very popular here. I really don’t know much about him.

542thruNthru

Depends on the local bylaws. I was told a long a while back that back east the principal officer is usually the president but as you make your way west it begins to change to the secretary treasure. Like @oldngray said, they thought the person that's in charge of the money should be the person running the local.

This is what I was told. Don't know how accurate it is.

Thebrownblob

Depends on the local bylaws. I was told a long time that back east the principal officer is usually the president but as you make your way west it begins to change to the secretary treasure. Like @oldngray said, they thought the person that's in charge of the money should be the person running the local.

This is what I was told. Don't know how accurate it is.
Makes some sense. Although like I said they don’t so much control the money as oversee it because the executive board has to approve appropriations. Most executive boards are Friendly but there has been some that are not and it’s not pretty.

Thebrownblob

I remember walking back in the day after the strike was over and one of the old managers said “you guys know you’ll never see one of those inside full-time jobs.”