2023 contract

Thebrownblob

No way on Earth the team care is going to give up that money.
I don’t think team care is worried about paying benefits after 30 days they are in great shape now if you’re talking about giving someone a hire starting rate for with drawing from insurance instead I agree with you. It has been discussed and shut down for that exact reason.

Champ_Here

sheet it missed
Part of what you say is absolutely true, The other part is not. None of those jobs have the long term possibility Ups still does even to this day. Most of those jobs have already topped out the day you were hired not true at UPS because of our union. Amazon sheds workers at a rate that will most likely caused them to run out of new applicants in the next year or two. They have no desire to keep employees long-term.
I notice this daily. On my route alone I see anywhere between 4 to 6 prime drivers per day. The drivers are never the same people. There is no employee retention with that company.

Champ_Here

sheet it missed
Exact opposite.. voted NO! on the Master, Central and Rider with the last three.

It made me sick how these negotiating committees forced these concessionary contracts through...

Mark my words if O’Brien asks for a strike authorization vote this time it will have some teeth in it. Study the 1997 strike, Carey did not allow it to be put up for vote because he knew his membership. I hope that his negotiating committees will not submit garbage to rank and file and will never shake hands till major improvements are agreed to.
hell yes. I hope so as well.

cachmeifucan

So out here we get a extra 600 in retirement if we reach 30 years ft I propose that we get 400 a month extra at 25 years. This was in response to our retirees health insurance going up from 50 a month to around 400 to 500 a month

So out here we get a extra 600 in retirement if we reach 30 years ft I propose that we get 400 a month extra at 25 years. This was in response to our retirees health insurance going up from 50 a month to around 400 to 500 a month
How about a faith pay for your insurance during retirement instead of giving you a raise, they will also keep you in a lower tax bracket

nWo

The deal contains massive concessions for 1,400 Kellogg's cereal workers and ends their nearly three-month strike.

The agreement was predictably hailed by the union and its supporters in the Democratic Party as a massive “victory.” It is nothing of the sort. The contract is virtually identical to the one workers overwhelmingly rejected three weeks ago. It expands the two-tier wage system rammed through in the last contract in 2015, removing all caps on the number of so-called transitional workers the company can hire.

While the BCTGM claims the deal includes “no permanent two-tier system” and a “clear path to regular full-time employment,” transitional workers will be strung out on a largely unobtainable pathway to promotion to first tier status, which will take on average six years for each worker, according to the company's estimates. Workers on this six-year treadmill could easily be laid off before reaching top pay, and there is no guarantee the BCTGM will not agree to an extension of the “pathway” in its next contract five years from now before workers reach their six-year mark.

The deal contains only a single small wage increase in the first year of the five-year agreement for first tier “legacy” workers, with only cost of living adjustments for the remaining four years. Inflation in the United States is currently at 6.8 percent, its highest level in four decades.

The Kellogg's strike isn't considered a victory by many of the employees.

Thebrownblob

The Kellogg's strike isn't considered a victory by many of the employees.
The website referenced is really not credible, take this for example

“The procedure used by the BCTGM is highly unusual and opaque, even by the standards of the union bureaucracy. Instead of counting ballots on site in the local union halls, votes are shipped to the union national headquarters in Maryland, outside of the view of workers. They are then combined into a single stack of ballots, and not counted by plant. The entire procedure provides ample room for ballot stuffing.”

That’s not highly unusual Nor opaque This is how many ballots are counted, and there’s no “ballot
stuffing” lol.

It’s likely after a three month strike the workers were ready to go back to work. They approved the agreement.

cachmeifucan

I propose that it’s a 2 year progression even though I been ft 17 years when it was 2 years. I propose we and Martin Luther King jr as another holiday. Then we can work that day for triple pay if ups wants. Schools are off and I think banks and government jobs so many workers have to take off to watch kids and lose money. Let’s make it a holiday so we can reflect on his life’s work. Any new construction buildings should have some sort of ac and or heat depending on location . They should put portable ac in the back of package cars and maybe in the back of trailers when loading a 52ft in 120 degrees. Maybe a hazard pay when temperatures reach over 100. Better 9.5 language. Not sure but maybe we can negotiate better cost of living raises.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
I propose that it’s a 2 year progression even though I been ft 17 years when it was 2 years. I propose we and Martin Luther King jr as another holiday. Then we can work that day for triple pay if ups wants. Schools are off and I think banks and government jobs so many workers have to take off to watch kids and lose money. Let’s make it a holiday so we can reflect on his life’s work. Any new construction buildings should have some sort of ac and or heat depending on location . They should put portable ac in the back of package cars and maybe in the back of trailers when loading a 52ft in 120 degrees. Maybe a hazard pay when temperatures reach over 100. Better 9.5 language. Not sure but maybe we can negotiate better cost of living raises.
Haz above 90 or below 40

cachmeifucan

Another proposal, something has to happen with COVID pay or now monkeypox it’s actually another virus on its way. I actually know a lady that tested positive 3 times since pandemic got paid 1 time. At first they said stay home 10 days now it’s probably 5. But shouldn’t u get paid something. Oh and she stayed home lost insurance because she didn’t have 1 punch for the week and now she got bills for a couple hundred dollars.

Another proposal, something has to happen with COVID pay or now monkeypox it’s actually another virus on its way. I actually know a lady that tested positive 3 times since pandemic got paid 1 time. At first they said stay home 10 days now it’s probably 5. But shouldn’t u get paid something. Oh and she stayed home lost insurance because she didn’t have 1 punch for the week and now she got bills for a couple hundred dollars.
They need to make some better one punch language.

And we don't even have to negotiate that with the company because the teamsters control team care