2023 contract

It can be problematic for sure. The bigger problem is they are scheduled and come to work and then agreed to go home without realizing they will get no insurance if they don’t work that week.
It's a very fixable problem.

But on the bright side the company does not control the health care anymore so if a strike does happen we're not Sol

We also need a provision for people that get suspended

cachmeifucan

Pretty silly that you get no insurance if you miss a week. At least where I am
I know it’s stupid if they screw up vacation they say just take the week u wanted and if u got paid for another week it’s ok but people don’t realize they lose insurance for not having a punch I think it was to deter people who just stay for insurance and never come to work.

I know it’s stupid if they screw up vacation they say just take the week u wanted and if u got paid for another week it’s ok but people don’t realize they lose insurance for not having a punch I think it was to deter people who just stay for insurance and never come to work.
Well you just have to make sure you're supervisor codes it the correct way

cachmeifucan

705 is having meetings for proposals feeder package car 22.3 and pt. I’m probably forgetting a classification. We’re lucky to have a good local and strong leadership. I think if they cut progression to 2 years maybe they can retain more package car drivers. Oh oh oh I forgot I have a proposal to have a 1 time classification transfer without losing your full seniority. Out here if you go from package to feeder u start at bottom. I would think package car and 22.3 would be for this so we could go into feeder since we’re getting older.

Thebrownblob

705 is having meetings for proposals feeder package car 22.3 and pt. I’m probably forgetting a classification. We’re lucky to have a good local and strong leadership. I think if they cut progression to 2 years maybe they can retain more package car drivers. Oh oh oh I forgot I have a proposal to have a 1 time classification transfer without losing your full seniority. Out here if you go from package to feeder u start at bottom. I would think package car and 22.3 would be for this so we could go into feeder since we’re getting older.
Thank God we don’t have classification seniority here

cachmeifucan

Well you just have to make sure you're supervisor codes it the correct way
Yea he will code u a request off that’s standard out here that doesn’t qualify so yes you got to call him Monday on your vacation from god know where to tell them code a option day or try to put adjustments but they hate doing that manager approval. I’ve had to do that so that my kids insurance stays current wtf. Burn a option day on vacation

Yea he will code u a request off that’s standard out here that doesn’t qualify so yes you got to call him Monday on your vacation from god know where to tell them code a option day or try to put adjustments but they hate doing that manager approval. I’ve had to do that so that my kids insurance stays current wtf. Burn a option day on vacation
They can easily fix that by put you in as scheduled off

Thebrownblob

Wow u don’t so u can be in package 15 years then go to feeder and get a good bid on your hours
I’ve been in package 23 years we have a board of 600 or so I would be around 180 if I went to feeders. I could definitely get a day job and even some mileage runs. Seniority is Seniority here. Feeders also has unlimited bumps here, so if they bump the number one guy the bump goes all the way to the bottom if necessary.

Was your point to belittle me because I am not a true Teamsters or UPS employee because I am not classified as FT? And you wonder why PT members don't want to be involved in the Union.
My point was not to belittle but I'm sure he had ample opportunity to become full-time.

You can't have it both ways.

I understand what you're doing but you're also undermining the Union.

If not agree to do all them full-time jobs they would have to make another full-time job but congratulations....

My point was not to belittle but I'm sure he had ample opportunity to become full-time.

You can't have it both ways.

I understand what you're doing but you're also undermining the Union.

If not agree to do all them full-time jobs they would have to make another full-time job but congratulations....
A similar argument was made for woman and minorities taking white male jobs. I didn't invent the system. But the Union refuses to change it by eliminating Art 40 from the contract or eliminating all or most PT jobs. Most other Union companies don't use permeant PT Union jobs.