2023 contract

nWo

FB_IMG_1659474523666.jpg

Karma...

to jack pensions up after 40 hours health and welfare contributions should continue up to 60 hours......it is nonsense the way it is.......probably illegal as well.....

mikejonesjr

Cola really wasn’t enough. This company doesn’t believe in doing catch up raises so I wonder what next years raise will actually be under the new contract. Surely it won’t be another 70 cents per usual. I’m pt btw

Thebrownblob

Cola really wasn’t enough. This company doesn’t believe in doing catch up raises so I wonder what next years raise will actually be under the new contract. Surely it won’t be another 70 cents per usual. I’m pt btw
We currently have no more raises schedule those need to be negotiated

Champ_Here

sheet it missed
-Immediate $2 increase, then $1.50 to $2 each year capped at $50 to next contract.
-Increase pension contributions (I don't know what would be fair... another dollar? more? 🤷‍♂️)
-Dissolve the 22.4 job classification - dove tail all 22.4s into RPCDs and red circle them at their current rate until they reach RPCD top rate.
-Fill the damn FT positions for once, stop agreeing to X amount of new FT positions and then only fill a fraction of them over the life of the contract.
-No more PVDs ever. Hire seasonals as needed during peak.
-Fix the 9.5 issues - my center is backlogged with supposedly over 1000 grievances (only around 90 drivers at my center, around 80 to 100 other hourlies)
- Make PTers happy. I don't know what they want, I just know turn over is still ridiculous compared to when I was PT and most of my loaders suck. Give them their own separate contract.
-Give me my got damn DIAD 5 back with RDO.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
-Immediate $2 increase, then $1.50 to $2 each year capped at $50 to next contract.
-Increase pension contributions (I don't know what would be fair... another dollar? more? 🤷‍♂️)
-Dissolve the 22.4 job classification - dove tail all 22.4s into RPCDs and red circle them at their current rate until they reach RPCD top rate.
-Fill the damn FT positions for once, stop agreeing to X amount of new FT positions and then only fill a fraction of them over the life of the contract.
-No more PVDs ever. Hire seasonals as needed during peak.
-Fix the 9.5 issues - my center is backlogged with supposedly over 1000 grievances (only around 90 drivers at my center, around 80 to 100 other hourlies)
- Make PTers happy. I don't know what they want, I just know turn over is still ridiculous compared to when I was PT and most of my loaders suck. Give them their own separate contract.
-Give me my got damn DIAD 5 back with RDO.

Try to read the Brown Cafe archives dated around the last (three) contracts 2008, 2013 and 2018...

A lot of great proposals were quoted also.

Maybe this time will be different.. we will see.

Champ_Here

sheet it missed
Try to read the Brown Cafe archives dated around the last (three) contracts 2008, 2013 and 2018...

A lot of great proposals were quoted also.

Maybe this time will be different.. we will see.
I have been around for all of those. I voted yes each time. I totally and absolutely regret not voting no on the last contract. My local (and other locals from the NW area) really pushed the idea that it was "the best contract ever". I argued so much against the vote no brothers last time. Such a mistake on my part. It won't happen again. Unless I see everything I posted above in the first agreement, it's gonna be a vote no from me. $6/7 billion in profits - there's absolutely no reason we can't get a fraction of that to make us happy since we're the ones that earned that profit. I've been saving as well since the old guys (doomsday preppers) have been saying to prepare for strike - unless things change significantly, I'll be a vote for strike authorization as well.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I have been around for all of those. I voted yes each time. I totally and absolutely regret not voting no on the last contract. My local (and other locals from the NW area) really pushed the idea that it was "the best contract ever". I argued so much against the vote no brothers last time. Such a mistake on my part. It won't happen again. Unless I see everything I posted above in the first agreement, it's gonna be a vote no from me. $6/7 billion in profits - there's absolutely no reason we can't get a fraction of that to make us happy since we're the ones that earned that profit. I've been saving as well since the old guys (doomsday preppers) have been saying to prepare for strike - unless things change significantly, I'll be a vote for strike authorization as well.

Exact opposite.. voted NO! on the Master, Central and Rider with the last three.

It made me sick how these negotiating committees forced these concessionary contracts through...

Mark my words if O’Brien asks for a strike authorization vote this time it will have some teeth in it. Study the 1997 strike, Carey did not allow it to be put up for vote because he knew his membership. I hope that his negotiating committees will not submit garbage to rank and file and will never shake hands till major improvements are agreed to.

clean hairy

They have billions of $$ to give the stockholders, (who contribute NOTHING to the success of UPS) they have money to take care of the employees who actually do the work!

TheWeasel

- Make PTers happy. I don't know what they want,
  • They don't care about a pension because most won't be able to afford to work PT long enough to be vested.
  • Many part timers are young and couldn't give a rats ass about medical benefits as most of them probably have next to zero monthly medical expenses even without insurance.
  • Most of the "UPS discounts" are laughable and barely better than existing deals available to the general public.
They want money. Why put up with UPS's :censored2: when you can make the same (or more) flipping burgers? Yeah, long term UPS has career potential but few part timers have the luxury to actually think about the long term. They're just trying to make that next rent check and you can't hand your landlord your insurance card as payment.

Consequently, increasing pay will help retention which will lower the number of package cars per loader thus increasing retention further in a positive feedback loop. Eventually you might actually get good loads due to a combination of non-rushed loaders and people staying long enough to actually learn the job.

nWo

Pt ups used to be the highest paying pt job in the industry plus benefits after 30 days.

Now it's the lowest paying job in the industry. And a 9 month wait for benefits. Fast food and retail pay better. Amazon has benefits from day 1. Amazon offers ft employment from day 1.

Pt ups used to be the highest paying pt job in the industry plus benefits after 30 days.

Now it's the lowest paying job in the industry. And a 9 month wait for benefits. Fast food and retail pay better. Amazon has benefits from day 1. Amazon offers ft employment from day 1.
But not everyone wants a full-time job

Thebrownblob

Part of what you say is absolutely true, The other part is not. None of those jobs have the long term possibility Ups still does even to this day. Most of those jobs have already topped out the day you were hired not true at UPS because of our union. Amazon sheds workers at a rate that will most likely caused them to run out of new applicants in the next year or two. They have no desire to keep employees long-term.