2023 contract

nWo

Version 2 of the pt pay rate would bring in some serious dough for people.

$20 base rate plus 75 cents per year a service. $35/hour for a 20 year part timer. Im guessing a 20 year pter might be around $28 or so now?

govols019

You smell that?
I want to sell my house but there's no way I'm paying these overinflated prices for another one.

Thinking about renting for a year or two and see what happens when this bubble bursts.

govols019

You smell that?
I'm aware, but I was responding to a young driver talking about first time home buying.

They've been under 6% for 15 years and home prices reflect that. Housing inflation has been close to double CPI because of loose government monetary policies. Great for my home's value but not so much for new owners who didn't get that equity boost.
Forgot to hit the quote button...
Florida Tennessee game got me shook.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I want to sell my house but there's no way I'm paying these overinflated prices for another one.

Thinking about renting for a year or two and see what happens when this bubble bursts.
That's what I want to do but my wife doesn't want to move twice with kids and schools and all that crap.

If rates stay here prices most likely plateau and hopefully drop. Might end up renting out our current house rather than selling.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
It's not real. It's from the Facebook group and has group editing in it.

It's a wishlist, not from O'Brien
SMH.

Everyone blindly acting like this is official.
It's Teamsters united.

If the Teamsters propose that, we'll end up striking.

$30/hr top rate for part timers after 4 years, 4 hour guarantee and OT after 4. Pipe dream. Never going to happen.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Really bad for a fake contract proposal to be passed around like this so early. Going to sour a lot of people on the process.
Yep.

My local has been working really hard collecting contact info to send out updates.
They specifically were trying to avoid this sort of thing from corrupting the process. That PDF should have a watermark, or something to let people know it is just suggestions and ideas gathered from people.

I think TDU are trying to muddy the waters on purpose.

Pullman Brown

Obviously, if you have some common sense and have been around for a few of these, you know that some of these proposals are dead on arrival but some of them are good legitimate proposals! Separate the wheat from the chaff! We know the Teamsters are tracking on some of these! Relax!