2023 contract

Brownwind

That doesn't seem to crazy. Maybe $25 or 28 for top rate instead but otherwise pretty reasonable if drivers are making well into the 40's/hr.
Why cap out wages?

You have a lot of suggestions for someone who didn’t negotiate the contract. Remember we all do the work that most won’t do. We work hard and make the company record profits. Build the business and reap the rewards. Dude you didn’t write the rules but you can enjoy the benefits of them.

upser2020

One issue I have with the whole "well if you want full time go full time" is that it takes a lot of seniority to get that especially if being a rpcd or 22.4 driver isn't an option. I've been working for a little over 2.5 years pt in my hub and yeah no shot at any inside combos any time soon. That's why as one of my full times put it I'm an overtime whore. I am able to make a comfortable living as long as on the whole overtime is a thing(made 55k last year). I'd love to jump in and start my 4 year progression as a full time but it takes time.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
One issue I have with the whole "well if you want full time go full time" is that it takes a lot of seniority to get that especially if being a rpcd or 22.4 driver isn't an option. I've been working for a little over 2.5 years pt in my hub and yeah no shot at any inside combos any time soon. That's why as one of my full times put it I'm an overtime whore. I am able to make a comfortable living as long as on the whole overtime is a thing(made 55k last year). I'd love to jump in and start my 4 year progression as a full time but it takes time.

I hate to be a bearer of bad news...but...after this Contract is settled expect those O/T hours to be eliminated. The starting wage will go UP, everybody's Overtime will be cut even the Full Timers. This Pandemic era will be over and every Corporation in America will be cutting costs, right now they are raising rates almost 7 to 10 (surcharges) percent next year because they can. Inflation is still out of control and will not change till 2024 or later, no more sugar dad Federal programs to help the bottom of the food chain and everybody will have to suck it up and find a job, any job or be left behind crying entitlement.

Every Contract the Union is trying to create full time positions and the Company is trying to do the reverse, even with the "97" 22.3 positions they forced the creation of those jobs into Arbitration and it took 2 years to settle. The reasons are obvious to why they want a young transient, lower pay, less benefit more controllable part time workforce. Most everybody signed on with this outfit as a part timer, we went full time as soon as possible because we saw that writing on the wall. The only JOB that matters is a FULL TIME Job, the part time workforce is just feeding the kitty for us career members. The Company and the Union knows this, it is their universal law..it will not change.

Your only hope for a full time position is that with this Contract there will be a improvement in our Pension benefits, estimating that over 10 percent of the high seniority members are waiting to sign and get out of Dodge before it is too late. There will be a ton of openings in the Feeder Departments, Package Divisions and Hubs, if a reasonable 25 and out any age is negotiated.

I hate to be a bearer of bad news...but...after this Contract is settled expect those O/T hours to be eliminated. The starting wage will go UP, everybody's Overtime will be cut even the Full Timers. This Pandemic era will be over and every Corporation in America will be cutting costs, right now they are raising rates almost 7 to 10 (surcharges) percent next year because they can. Inflation is still out of control and will not change till 2024 or later, no more sugar dad Federal programs to help the bottom of the food chain and everybody will have to suck it up and find a job, any job or be left behind crying entitlement.

Every Contract the Union is trying to create full time positions and the Company is trying to do the reverse, even with the "97" 22.3 positions they forced the creation of those jobs into Arbitration and it took 2 years to settle. The reasons are obvious to why they want a young transient, lower pay, less benefit more controllable part time workforce. Most everybody signed on with this outfit as a part timer, we went full time as soon as possible because we saw that writing on the wall. The only JOB that matters is a FULL TIME Job, the part time workforce is just feeding the kitty for us career members. The Company and the Union knows this, it is their universal law..it will not change.

Your only hope for a full time position is that with this Contract there will be a improvement in our Pension benefits, estimating that over 10 percent of the high seniority members are waiting to sign and get out of Dodge before it is too late. There will be a ton of openings in the Feeder Departments, Package Divisions and Hubs, if a reasonable 25 and out any age is negotiated.
7B71Ci4KE3m0 (1).gif

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I respectfully disagree: UPS found out about 10 years ago that it's cheaper to cut routes and work employees excessive Overtime than to put another package car on area,and pay additional H&W on another employee.
UPS correctly assumes many drivers wont get on the 9.5 list and file, and 22.4 cant file excessive OT grievances so there is absolutely NO incentive for them to reduce excessive OT.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
What happens if they start to lose business?

Recession almost a guarantee next year...

The main objective of these new 22.4’s was to reduce Overtime then of course the Pandemic changed everything....

nWo

How they going to cut OT for part timers? The only way I see is by creating ft jobs.

Ptrunner

We just got our forced 6th day punch notice for Sunday sorts. They need solid language next contract on this. It’s one of my top 3 issues for me personally.

AKCoverMan

If people only understood how good that healthcare is and what it could do for you in case of some sort of tragedy they would not be so quick to dismiss this job and the opportunity it provides. I can promise you it is literally worth millions if something bad happens.
Most only understand one thing on their paycheck…the Net Pay amount. Thats the part they can spend on stuff!

AKCoverMan

No that's incorrect

A lot more responsibilities come with working full-time and driving

If you want those benefits you go out and get that job
Exactly…asked new PT what they wanted to do down the road at UPS…he said “Well I don’t want to drive the trucks..that looks like a lot of work” and went back to his cell phone. Yeah, let’s not pay them what I make….

Exactly…asked new PT what they wanted to do down the road at UPS…he said “Well I don’t want to drive the trucks..that looks like a lot of work” and went back to his cell phone. Yeah, let’s not pay them what I make….
I don't want to sound like my dad's or my grandpa what this generation is absolutely friend* lazy