2023 contract

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Trust me I have half $1 million worth of medical bills and a person who was just a part-time employee And and most likely at least that much more to come.

If they would’ve had Medicare or an ACA they would not have had some of that top hospitals and rehab facilities in the nation willing to except them with open arms because our insurance is so stellar. As a matter fact they would’ve been denied entry to many of them as they do not accept either medicare.

It’s literally life-saving.
And it’s only going to cost a couple thousand dollars out-of-pocket.

Like I said, peace of mind. Most people won't ever have to deal with those kinds of medical bills, if they did, insurance couldn't work. In actuality, you are a beneficiary of compensation I earned. Congratulations, you won the poor health/injury lottery.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Because they are PT and treated as second class and pay is more important. If they can get $20/hr starting with at least $25 top AND no loss in benefits then great but I think FT drivers would have to give up something for that and I don't think very many are willing to do that. We will see.

We shouldn't have to give up anything to get a reasonable PT compensation package. $12Billion in profit proves that.

Thebrownblob

Taking anyone off of the insurance plan is a guaranteed way to trigger a strike.
I agree with you 100% on that. I was told a long time ago the trade-off for the long hours and time away from family was that your family would be comfortable not rich.
Their healthcare would be secure.
And you would have the ability to retire with dignity.
Anyone of those three things the company decides they no longer want to give in this job is no longer worth having is definitely a Strikeable issue in my opinion.

I agree with you 100% on that. I was told a long time ago the trade-off for the long hours and time away from family was that your family would be comfortable not rich.
Their healthcare would be secure.
And you would have the ability to retire with dignity.
Anyone of those three things the company decides they no longer want to give in this job is no longer worth having is definitely a Strikeable issue in my opinion.
I'm ready to strike.over turkeys.

Not oy so I want my turkey , I also want my retro turkeys

Thebrownblob

Like I said, peace of mind. Most people won't ever have to deal with those kinds of medical bills, if they did, insurance couldn't work. In actuality, you are a beneficiary of compensation I earned. Congratulations, you won the poor health/injury lottery.
Trust me brother I would not wish this lottery on anyone but life is complicated and you never know what’s going to happen.
Even as a young 18-year-old punk with insurance, I never thought I would need I ended up having a wife and kids and they had access to the best healthcare without question their whole Life thanks to the company and the union negotiating these benefits.

Thebrownblob

I really do think they're going to come after the part-time pension for new employees
And I think most of the part-timers would agree with it unfortunately because they think very short term. But ultimately if that’s what they want that’s what they’ll get. A couple extra dollars an hour upfront for thousands of dollars in pension benefits over the years doesn’t seem worth it to me.

And I think most of the part-timers would agree with it unfortunately because they think very short term. But ultimately if that’s what they want that’s what they’ll get. A couple extra dollars an hour upfront for thousands of dollars in pension benefits over the years doesn’t seem worth it to me.
I thought of your part timer it's about $2,000 a month pension?

There's an apart time job on this planet that gives a pension

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Trust me brother I would not wish this lottery on anyone but life is complicated and you never know what’s going to happen.
Even as a young 18-year-old punk with insurance, I never thought I would need I ended up having a wife and kids and they had access to the best healthcare without question their whole Life thanks to the company and the union negotiating these benefits.

It's more thanks to the people who barely use any of the benefit they earn. Without them, the medical industry, and those who rely on it, wouldn't last very long. You're welcome.

Thebrownblob

Due to those of us who earn the money that funds it,  and don't get ad much out as we pay in. You're welcome. :wink-very:
Yep I paid for 30 years it’s a shared thing and it’s very well funded program as a matter fact they just announced recently if we were to go on strike they have 36 months of reserves to pay every ones healthcare as long as I don’t cross a picket line while we’re on strike.
If only our pension was ran as well