2023 contract

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Get rid of 2.24 ,change outside ratio from 6 to 1 to 10 and 1, and guarantee part timers 4 hrs and get them more pay.
Damn, we can’t even get insiders to even go driving… and for like a period of 2 years nobody from pkg wanted to go into feeder… everyone we hired was from outside the company at least 100…

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Damn, we can’t even get insiders to even go driving… and for like a period of 2 years nobody from pkg wanted to go into feeder… everyone we hired was from outside the company at least 100…
Not worth it rn.If they cut the progression to 2 years after contract,I might be interested

FozziesDeliveries

*No Forced 6th Punch- It's tolerable during peak but my center didn't hire enough for saturday ground when we started it and have been unable to hire and retain enough so we have up to top rate drivers getting forced 6s ALOT.

*Wage Progression- to me wage progression for rpcd feels like its one year too long... this isn't a major deal but it would be nice if it was one year less.

*Part time wage increases- part time wages NEED increased to stay competitive and to help retain people. It seems like young people now do not want to work and are not thinking about benefits so they need more motivation to stay instead of getting a similar pay working somewhere else for way less stress and effort. Maybe it would help if the time to get benefits was reduced more. I believe its at 9 months now... it could help with rentention to reduce it to 6 or maybe even 3 months then you get benefits. Also when i did preload alot of long timers said they always vote down the contract proposals because there is nothing that really changes for them.

*9.5 language- this needs refined a little. This should apply to all RPCDs period that sign up with no requirements and no stipulation of having 22.4s. I have seen people post some interesting ideas on 9.5 grievences. The ramping up of overtime pay every hour over 8 is interesting but i think it would be hard to keep some drivers from abusing it. I think one of the best ideas i saw someone mention is 9.5 grievences should be automatic and should happen for EVERY instance. My center ABSOLUTELY lets people hit 2 9.5s every week.... if it was an automatic grievence for every instance then dispatch and management would work harder to prevent over dispatching and work to help drivers that have a rough day.

*22.4s- this is all just a dumpster fire... i think the idea of a combination driver is good just NOT executed well or at all. Having someone come in and do preload and then run air or bulk stops or a partial route would help alot. Or someone come it later and run misloads or take some stops then work local sort. It seems like no one is doing this though and the whole 22.4 thing is a mess. Seperate pay scale is stupid for it when they are getting used as drivers constantly. Also them not having similar protections is dumb. If this was used as a combination driver it could work but NOT this "cheaper, lower tier driver" that it IS used as.

Saturday's- Perhaps the easiest thing would be Monday-Friday full time drivers and Tuesday-Saturday full time drivers. That way there is the full force for high volume on Tuesdays and Wednesdays and there is coverage for Saturdays. An alternative idea could maybe be a part time driver position... like 3 days a week scheduled and thats it. Full days Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. Idk i am trying to think of ideas.... stopping saturday ground would be ideal for us but i am sure would not happen lol.

hyena

Damn that’s crazy. I know there’s plenty of part timers in my building that want to drive. And just because In your building they don’t want to drive now doesn’t mean they won’t want to later.

tourists24

Damn that’s crazy. I know there’s plenty of part timers in my building that want to drive. And just because In your building they don’t want to drive now doesn’t mean they won’t want to later.
We don't have enough preloaders to go driving lol. Our center already has about a dozen drivers come in to work the preload now everyday