208 years to Gender Equality

rickyb

Melinda Gates: Let's not take 208 years to achieve equality for women in America

It'll take 208 years for women to work more OT hours, be as willing to relocate to get a better paying job, massively increase their likelihood of dying on the job, be drafted into frontline infantry, start working multiple jobs when the income from one doesn't cut it, be able to lift and carry 200 lbs, etc, etc... come on ladies, no one's standing in your way but you. Being forced to compete with male athletes is a good start.

It's not enough to simply quote raw data. It is also deceptive, at best, to present it only in a way that supports your ideology. You have to look at why the differences exist. You also need to support women who are perfectly happy simply being mothers and homemakers, not that there's anything simple about it. Guilting women into participating in the workforce on top of having and raising children doesn't help anyone.
part of a long history of saying some animals are more equal than others ;)

lets see here, america used to have only ppl with property being able to vote, blacks counted as 3/5ths of a person, americans are more important than iranian for example, etc etc

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

lets see here, america used to have only ppl with property being able to vote, blacks counted as 3/5ths of a person, americans are more important than iranian for example, etc etc

Starting argument: Most feminists want equality of benefits, without any of the drawbacks of being a man.
Ricky's rebuttal: So you agree with slavery?!?!?!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

False equivalence.

rickyb

my fav economist says women conflated achieving gender equality with going to work. but i dont think going to work is more liberating than taking orders from your boyfriend bc youre taking orders either way undemocratically.

consensus
  • n.
    An opinion or position reached by a group as a whole.
  • n.
    General agreement or accord.
  • n.
    A general agreement or concord: as, a consensus of opinion.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
my fav economist says women conflated achieving gender equality with going to work. but i dont think going to work is more liberating than taking orders from your boyfriend bc youre taking orders either way undemocratically.

consensus
  • n.
    An opinion or position reached by a group as a whole.
  • n.
    General agreement or accord.
  • n.
    A general agreement or concord: as, a consensus of opinion.
  • And not generally correct or factual

rickyb

• And not generally correct or factual
even its wrong at least its something that everyone determined for themselves, instead of a singular powerful corrupted person deciding for everyone.

with our society we really dont understand the basics. whats terrorism, whats power, whats makes you a good person, whats freedom, etc.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
even its wrong at least its something that everyone determined for themselves, instead of a singular powerful corrupted person deciding for everyone.

with our society we really dont understand the basics. whats terrorism, whats power, whats makes you a good person, whats freedom, etc.
Ignorance is bliss

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Let me try to break it down for ya, Ricky.

Terrorism: Trying to inspire terror into people.
Power: In different contexts, authority, influence, control, or capability.
What makes you a good person: Probably doing unto others as you'd have done unto you.
Freedom: The ability to do, say, and think whatever you want, assuming it does not conflict with another human's rights to do the same.

Those are all just my own ramblings on the definitions, of course.
But I think you're projecting when you say that "society" doesn't understand those things.

rickyb

Let me try to break it down for ya, Ricky.

Terrorism: Trying to inspire terror into people.
Power: In different contexts, authority, influence, control, or capability.
What makes you a good person: Probably doing unto others as you'd have done unto you.
Freedom: The ability to do, say, and think whatever you want, assuming it does not conflict with another human's rights to do the same.

Those are all just my own ramblings on the definitions, of course.
But I think you're projecting when you say that "society" doesn't understand those things.
that doesnt make you a good person, thats just decency

thats not the definition of terrorism.

long story short our society has most of us not knowing anything including the basics like following the golden rule.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
There are substantial biological and psychological differences between men and women. Thriving societies work around these differences, thus resulting in "gender roles". When a society tries to work against nature, it inevitably dies. A populace that needs to be artificially supported by another cannot be equal to that one; you cannot elevate women to men's level, only handicap men. Everyone wants to mourn the "pussifcation of America" and ask "where are all the real men" but nobody wants to face the cause.

OksM0z6.png

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Lol! Maybe it's time to get good instead of bitching on social media like a hivemind. As if any one of the rage mob collective will aspire to such a level. It's like they live vicariously through one another and share in each other's successes and failures. They need the greater numbers to increase their biomass and expand the hive coverage until they can accumulate into a new matriarch.

Forbes releases list of 100 innovative leaders and it only has ONE woman | Daily Mail Online