22•4 is the future of ups labor

jaker

trolling
22•4 right now They work 8+ hrs driving , but then it goes 4 inside and 4 outside and replaces 22•3 and by doing that they can reduce the part time numbers and flexibility to work you however ever they want

The Driver

I drive.
skeptical.gif

Box Ox

22.4 is a absolute joke why anyone in there ever blessed mind would think it's a good idea is beyond me

A lotta part timers in bad financial situations are probably vulnerable to the praise their local officials give the Contract as-is. Can't hold it against them as they're thinking about the money, which has the potential to change their lives.

But they haven't experienced 60-70 hour workweeks as drivers and don't know what the very real possibility of year-round overtime abuse being heaped upon them could mean: a relatively short stint as a full timer before they have an inevitable mental or physical breakdown and have to find work with another employer. Lots will wish they had just stayed part time.

It's both easy and understandable for a part timer or off-street 22.4 hire to say, "I'm in a really :censored2:ty position right now. I work really tough jobs already and would love all of the overtime I can get. So I'll vote yes to the Contract". But the reality of the job will hit them soon enough. I know I never would have become a FT driver under the conditions that it looks like 22.4 drivers will be subjected to.