22.3 job just going away?

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
There's a guy in my building with a combo job who is planning to retire soon. I may have intercepted some communications between management personnel that sounds like they plan on just declining to replace him when he leaves. Would that be legit? can they just let a 22.3 job evaporate without bidding out his spot when he leaves?

Thebrownblob

There's a guy in my building with a combo job who is planning to retire soon. I may have intercepted some communications between management personnel that sounds like they plan on just declining to replace him when he leaves. Would that be legit? can they just let a 22.3 job evaporate without bidding out his spot when he leaves?
The company is allowed to eliminate a 22.3 job if they no longer need it, but they have to put it somewhere else, the actual number of jobs Has to stay the same.

DOK

Thought I just read somewhere union is trying to create more 22.3 jobs, talking about it in negotiations today I believe

brett636

This has been an issue with 22.3 jobs since their inception. I can’t tell you how many jobs I’ve seen go unfulfilled when they are vacated and this goes back to my days in the hub which ended in late 2010. The company has a plethora of excuses to use and not fill a vacant 22.3 job. Everything from the job was moved to a different building to the employee being out on medical which has lasted for years in some cases. Bottom line is you need to get with your steward and possibly your BA to make sure management knows you are closely watching the situation and you want that job reposted.

This has been an issue with 22.3 jobs since their inception. I can’t tell you how many jobs I’ve seen go unfulfilled when they are vacated and this goes back to my days in the hub which ended in late 2010. The company has a plethora of excuses to use and not fill a vacant 22.3 job. Everything from the job was moved to a different building to the employee being out on medical which has lasted for years in some cases. Bottom line is you need to get with your steward and possibly your BA to make sure management knows you are closely watching the situation and you want that job reposted.
The Union knows where those jobs are going
Like @Thebrownblob said those jobs have to be maintained but not in a particular location

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
The company is allowed to eliminate a 22.3 job if they no longer need it, but they have to put it somewhere else, the actual number of jobs Has to stay the same.
And my understanding is the issue for the IBT is how to track that 22.3 job that was eliminated lets say in Florida and where was the new job created. The company may say Colorado, but how does anyone keep track? It’s nearly impossible with out a massive amount of data being generated by the company and a full time IBT representative vetting the data by double checking with the locals. It’s like playing a giant game of follow the cup!

PT Car Washer

Or how about when the employee seldom works both parts of their job?

Thebrownblob

And my understanding is the issue for the IBT is how to track that 22.3 job that was eliminated lets say in Florida and where was the new job created. The company may say Colorado, but how does anyone keep track? It’s nearly impossible with out a massive amount of data being generated by the company and a full time IBT representative vetting the data by double checking with the locals. It’s like playing a giant game of follow the cup!
That is correct. We have someone locally that tracks every job that comes here and we’re it goes.

brett636

I’ve said that for years. To be honest I was doubtful the Hoffa administration cared so long as the language was in the contract.

ManInBrown

Unfortunately happens all the time. There are two vacant 22.3 fueling jobs at my old building that they have been covering with package car drivers for the last two years. They don’t put them up for bid.

RTS313

there are two 22.3 that only work 50% of the 8 hour day. they watch Netflix the 4 hours they have it made. Every part timer at night complains management don’t do anything about it.

Last edited:

RTS313

Why do they care if management doesn’t?
The night guys believe those 2 22.3 have dirt on management that can get management fired?

why management lets them get away they made deal. I won’t turn you in you let me do what I want. I hear rumors people throw packages over the fence and management just throws the package trailers. No scans no anything. The night management instructs employees to paycode themselves to local sort instead of night sort. They pass on their costs to another shift.

Thebrownblob

The night guys believe those 2 22.3 have dirt on management that can get management fired?

why management lets them get away they made deal. I won’t turn you in you let me do what I want. I hear rumors people throw packages over the fence and management just throws the package trailers. No scans no anything.
Perhaps