22.3 v. PT?

Weird scenario at the hub and need some contract literature to help answer my concern. I'm assigned PT to the Next Day belt in my building, which is definitely a preferred job. We are half PT and half 22.3s. Given my seniority, I'm labor-loaned elsewhere in the building everyday, no worries, that's just where I'm at onthe totem pole.

The problem is supervision allowing combos to come in before their bid time as Early start setups, and staying all night. This gives them about 6 hr daily on my belt while I'm lucky to get 1 hr before being sent to outbound.

Older fellas on the belt (30+ yr seniority) claim past practice was for combos to get their 4 hr and go, everything else is for the PT. (And that our work is being taken) The current sups and BA are sweeping it under the rug. There's alot of grumbling, and Im hoping for legit insights. What does the contract say (Atlantic area supp.)? bc I can't find anything

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Weird scenario at the hub and need some contract literature to help answer my concern. I'm assigned PT to the Next Day belt in my building, which is definitely a preferred job. We are half PT and half 22.3s. Given my seniority, I'm labor-loaned elsewhere in the building everyday, no worries, that's just where I'm at onthe totem pole.

The problem is supervision allowing combos to come in before their bid time as Early start setups, and staying all night. This gives them about 6 hr daily on my belt while I'm lucky to get 1 hr before being sent to outbound.

Older fellas on the belt (30+ yr seniority) claim past practice was for combos to get their 4 hr and go, everything else is for the PT. (And that our work is being taken) The current sups and BA are sweeping it under the rug. There's alot of grumbling, and Im hoping for legit insights. What does the contract say (Atlantic area supp.)? bc I can't find anything
Get your 3.5 then scram

Trailer monkey

Early starts in my hub in the CR is by company seniority

nWo

Don't sweat the small stuff. Did you sign a bid to work in the belt? No? Then management can put you anywhere.

Also it's not your belt it's my belt. So suck it

I'm very aware of the sentiment towards inside-only, much less PT. I get it.
But the writings on the wall folks. More and more combo jobs, and now my hub is making new combo sup jobs: the shoe's gonna be on the other foot here in the coming yrs. When a PT preload guy, who's whole day was made when he was recognized for, painting the wall the way a driver likes it vs. being asked "and you make how much more than me?" by someone guaranteed 4 hours to ngaf, yall might be humming a different tune.
Things change, and maybe somebody out there remembers flipping half the pages before seeing their name on the list when looking at the bid sheets.

opie

No part timer can start before a full timer, if a full timer wants to start early. Doesn't matter how long the PTer has been there. Also they can not be sent home before any part timer if they do not want to leave.

PT Car Washer

No part timer can start before a full timer, if a full timer wants to start early. Doesn't matter how long the PTer has been there. Also they can not be sent home before any part timer if they do not want to leave.
Not always true. The supervisor had a 22.3 starting before me but because they were not in the classification the Union said I should be starting first.

opie

Not always true. The supervisor had a 22.3 starting before me but because they were not in the classification the Union said I should be starting first.
Yeah it can depend on "past practices" and local area rules/agreements. I always start early, but I am doing the same bid job. In cases where you are starting early to help out. Like a driver helping carwash. Or a sorter helping by unloading. Then yeah a PTer has a case to not get bumped/lose hours. Because someone coming to your area working outside classification, wouldn't be right to bump them.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm very aware of the sentiment towards inside-only, much less PT. I get it.
But the writings on the wall folks. More and more combo jobs, and now my hub is making new combo sup jobs: the shoe's gonna be on the other foot here in the coming yrs. When a PT preload guy, who's whole day was made when he was recognized for, painting the wall the way a driver likes it vs. being asked "and you make how much more than me?" by someone guaranteed 4 hours to ngaf, yall might be humming a different tune.
Things change, and maybe somebody out there remembers flipping half the pages before seeing their name on the list when looking at the bid sheets.
C47DDDEB-2219-454C-8242-E89E0F367C15.gif

Trailer monkey

Depends on the area, in mine it's total seniority.

upser2020

When you say combo sup do you mean like a part time sup for unload one shift then part time sup for loading next or do you mean sup for one shift then hourly next(or a full time sup that straddles shifts)