22.4 Hypothetical

542thruNthru

I’m sure it’s been covered before, but the contract language is hard to follow. If you’re making more than what a 22.4 driver makes as a cover in progression or a full timer will you be getting a pay cut to the lower 22.4 rate or are you grandfathered in at your current rate?

I can't believe I missed this but here. :)

Screenshot_20181009-195955.png

BrownArmy

I’m a FT RPCD ‘Cover’ driver.

Let’s get our terms straight, I don’t have a bid route, my bid is ‘COVER’, I know forty different routes, I can’t get a day off unless I book off.

Utility/swing/cover, different terms, there are TCD’s...that’s not what I am.

If the OP is a FT RPCD already in progression, even if he’s cover/swing/utility whatever, why in the world would he make anything less than what he’s making now, regardless of 22.4’s?

542thruNthru

Central Pennsylvania. Part time cover one year shy of top rate

Let’s get our terms straight, I don’t have a bid route, my bid is ‘COVER’, I know forty different routes, I can’t get a day off unless I book off.

If the OP is a FT RPCD already in progression, even if he’s cover/swing/utility whatever, why in the world would he make anything less than what he’s making now, regardless of 22.4’s?

Already asked by me. He is a PT Cover Driver.

fattybrown

I am considering bidding to a 22.4
It’s the only way I’m getting overtime
Apparently....
Besides, I feel the need to be excessively abused

Don’t get on the 9.5 list. I’m sure they would love to load you up.

Wow dude seriously, read something like a contract. 22.4s dont have rights ti a 9.5 list.
So lets be just a little bit clear
If you become a 22.4 there is no 9.5 list for you to get on

Read the quotes, I’ve read the language. I was trying to talk him out of being a 22.4, but since he’s a PT cover driver all that is thrown out the window.

Last edited:

fattybrown

No initially thought he was full time and not getting the overtime. In the building where I’m at they have been doing that 8.5 day or whatever. Which I like.

So I thought he was thinking of bidding a 22.4 to get the overtime.

Just trying to help.

fattybrown

It says in the contract if you make more than what a 22.4 does and bid it you keep the same rate you already make. He wouldn’t make any less

I thought you were a swinger. :wink-very:

OrionsBitch

Not...
Union had them by the balls.
UPS has the union by the balls. How does nobody see this?! The union needs UPS.

This entire contract was about the pension. It will be harder for drivers to accumulate years towards their pension because work might no be available. This will help spread out the timeframe in which people start drawing on the pension because they will have to work additional years. We also have new people paying in (22.4).

But all of this still won't solve the issue. Pensions almost never work long term. They aren't sustainable. So as I tell all young guys. Save your own money, pay for school, etc. Don't count on your pension being there when you retire.

I wish UPS would give us the option to be in the pension or a 401k with match.