22.4 positions

Lord Helmet

I understand that but that's for RPCDs. You were a TCD. You had none of that already. My question was why would you want to stay a TCD and maybe not drive unless its peak?

I agree that the position sucks but in some areas it's better then being a TCD, Cover Driver.
Maybe I should just suck it up and deal, but I dont like being told one thing and having another happen. Hopefully at some point I can bid on something and maybe get put back on the old contract lol

542thruNthru

Maybe I should just suck it up and deal, but I dont like being told one thing and having another happen. Hopefully at some point I can bid on something and maybe get put back on the old contract lol

Not trying to say suck it up and deal with it. Just pointing out that it might be the only option for now to stay driving. All our Cover Drivers are taking the 22.4 position because it's a little pay raise and pension raise but the main reason is they don't want to go back to a PT job loading trucks again.

File a grievance for your pay being incorrect.

Not trying to say suck it up and deal with it. Just pointing out that it might be the only option for now to stay driving. All our Cover Drivers are taking the 22.4 position because it's a little pay raise and pension raise but the main reason is they don't want to go back to a PT job loading trucks again.

File a grievance for your pay being incorrect.
Did you hear anything about the progression rate. I'm a little confused on it, sounds like it's a double progression.

I don't know if this is a joke or you're baiting me for something. Lol
No for a change I'm being serious. We don't have TCD here, we have reg temps. I know it's different everywhere. But basically a temp driver goes through the same 4 year progression, they are just classified as part time.
A had a few if them approach me about an answer they got from our BA.

They said they would be red circled at that current pay rate if they took a 22.4 job.
But there current progression would be frozen and start back up again if they got a RPCD bid

I probably didn't post this right but it makes sense in my head somehow

542thruNthru

No for a change I'm being serious. We don't have TCD here, we have reg temps. I know it's different everywhere. But basically a temp driver goes through the same 4 year progression, they are just classified as part time.
A had a few if them approach me about an answer they got from our BA.

They said they would be red circled at that current pay rate if they took a 22.4 job.
But there current progression would be frozen and start back up again if they got a RPCD bid

I probably didn't post this right but it makes sense in my head somehow

Yep.. they got screwed. Can't believe they agreed to that. What does a Reg Temp make a hour?
Screenshot_20190923-175635_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

542thruNthru

They make the same as we do after 4 years.

See where I'm going with this??

The other question I had is

Just say I was a part time employee that won a 22.4 bid. After I completed my 4 year progression to the too 22.4 rate , then I won a RPCD bid. How long before I get RPCD too rate?

Right away.
Screenshot_20190923-173629_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

So does a reg temp follow the same 4 year progression as a RPCD? What if he is only making $28.75. Does he sit at that pay until he becomes a RPCD? If so that's BS because a 22.4 will be making more then him after 4 years.

Mr. Marshall

What!?!?

If you are a RPCD they can't change you to a 22.4 at will. The misinformation about this position is absolutely bat :censored2: crazy!
I do believe that we are low enough in drivers that we could actively hire 20 drivers right now. We seem to have been on a hiring freeze waiting for 22.4's. So no I don't believe anyone will be moved back to 22.4 but basically everyone is hired is a 22.4 until they crack the top 200.

Pbear01

So, I was hired as a Casual Package Cover Driver but was recently told by my sup that I am now full time 22.4 and have been moved to Tuesday-Saturday. What exactly is the 22.4 position and why is upsers.com still showing me as a Casual Cover Driver?

542thruNthru

So, I was hired as a Casual Package Cover Driver but was recently told by my sup that I am now full time 22.4 and have been moved to Tuesday-Saturday. What exactly is the 22.4 position and why is upsers.com still showing me as a Casual Cover Driver?
A 22.4 is a FT combo Driver. It's short for Article 22 section 4 (b) in the national contract. Read that and you'll know.

But your sups a damn liar. Did you ask to be a 22.4. Did you sign a bid sheet?

You need to contact your local and talk to your BA.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Don't worry bro, the powerful union will take care of this issue