22.4 positions

542thruNthru

I was just told by HR that after peak season, they can lay off RPCDs but they can keep 22.4's because they can do inside work.

Is this true?

Read the contract.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190923-092204_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    Screenshot_20190923-092204_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 279

Staydryitsraining

I was just told by HR that after peak season, they can lay off RPCDs but they can keep 22.4's because they can do inside work.

Is this true?
Rpcds can have no work driving but work warehouse double shifting to get hours. 22.4s can work inside on a designated shift and get the rest of their hours by doing libs, misloads, or bulk, but not double shifting.

542thruNthru

Rpcds can have no work driving but work warehouse double shifting to get hours. 22.4s can work inside on a designated shift and get the rest of their hours by doing libs, misloads, or bulk, but not double shifting.

I don't see anywhere in the NMA that 22.4s can't double shift. They can't have more then a 90min gap between shifts but nothing says they can't get all their hours inside. Is this a supplmental thing?

Staydryitsraining

I don't see anywhere in the NMA that 22.4s can't double shift. They can't have more then a 90min gap between shifts but nothing says they can't get all their hours inside. Is this a supplmental thing?
Not sure, the BA told them they arent allowed to double shift and if they cant find work for them to file for the rest of the 8.

Lord Helmet

So other then working T-S why would you not want to be a 22.4? They work before all TCDs being that they are a FTer.
Theres no option to 6 punch if I want/need too theres no 9-5 protection so they can just hammer us with hours and even at top rate it's still $6 an hour less than a regular top rate for the same amount of work or more.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Theres no option to 6 punch if I want/need too theres no 9-5 protection so they can just hammer us with hours and even at top rate it's still $6 an hour less than a regular top rate for the same amount of work or more.
Glad the union fought with vigor and resilience to improve working conditions and better wages.

542thruNthru

I understand that but that's for RPCDs. You were a TCD. You had none of that already. My question was why would you want to stay a TCD and maybe not drive unless its peak?

I agree that the position sucks but in some areas it's better then being a TCD, Cover Driver.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I understand that but that's for RPCDs. You were a TCD. You had none of that already. My question was why would you want to stay a TCD and maybe not drive unless its peak?

I agree that the position sucks but in some areas it's better then being a TCD, Cover Driver.
your new job