22.4 strike?

Jetboat1

It seem this contract major issue is 22.4 second is forced 6 punch and 9.5 rights. Can we discuss a 22.4 automatic upgrade to RPCD after 3 or 4 years? Can we give up 22.4 elimination for a progression to full time package car driver? Do not have the answer only the question.

AKCoverMan

It seem this contract major issue is 22.4 second is forced 6 punch and 9.5 rights. Can we discuss a 22.4 automatic upgrade to RPCD after 3 or 4 years? Can we give up 22.4 elimination for a progression to full time package car driver? Do not have the answer only the question.
Think you will see Sean and team going for all 22.4s moved to RPCD with bidding by seniority for days off.

AKCoverMan

Forced sixth punch gotta go, think it’s a slam dunk negotiation teams can quote Carole telling Wall Street press “I don’t want anyone working six days a week unless they want to.”

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
That’s gross…..
Damn Who took my piss bottle?
jbKqgVvyfa9t.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
22.4 eliminated and sent to package car driver is basically a slam dunk. That the company is just now deciding to use us "the way it was meant to be(tm)" is simply to muddy that process and pretend like these two jobs are not two-tier like they have been for the past 5 years.
It's nothing still like the combo job we would like it to be, theoretically 22.4 would bid to cover vacations, and they are not, theoretically 22.4 would be getting a separate timecard structure and reporting supervisor, and they do not. the whole framework is temporary and ready to be dismantled at a minute's notice.
It would be very unpleasant for everybody now to negotiate a better version of 22.4 given it's history. Which is a shame, I am actually one of those "combo drivers would be cool" kind of folks especially when running trials on things such as sprinter vans, european style cargo bikes, etc.

Last edited:

HavenoEDD

First thing leadership said when they ran and eventually won was elimination of 22.4 was the strikable action if not addressed. They will fight for everything else and if we stay United we will be fine. The company got away with running us all into the ground during this concession of a contract.