22.4s... miss them yet?

Over70irregs

I will be presenting the first 9.5 grievances for the newly reclassified RPCDs tomorrow at a local level. The company's position is that the drivers have not fully met the criteria that allows for penalty pay. Our position is that from 2015-2018 we settled nearly a hundred exact grievances for T-S employees prior to the existence of the 22.4 classification. Most certainly headed to a State Panel hearing and possibly beyond.
Grab their $. It’s the only thing they understand.

PPH_over_9000

I don't miss having 22.4s around at all. It's better when everybody's got an equal progression-- less resentment, less frustration.

Flip-side of that coin? My center's had maybe 6 terminations of RPCDs since the contract was ratified, and it seems like management is gunning for more.

I can't speak on what those Teamsters did to get themselves terminated, but I can say I miss them. I'm friggin' working every day now.

I guess the bright side is that I managed to win a bid route recently so that's been nice.

PPH_over_9000

You think they were terminated because of the 22.4s being RPCD now?

Oh no, that's not what I meant. They've always done the things they were held accountable for, it's just that management decided to start holding them accountable shortly after the contract was ratified.

Things that were glossed over or resulted in a slap on the wrist in the past are suddenly things they want to terminate for.

I'm not saying that they're in the wrong, it's just that the timing is conspicuous. The workforce expanded (and started to get paid more) but the volume just isn't there to justify the # of workers, and it honestly feels like we're in the middle of a district-wide culling as a result.

542thruNthru

Oh no, that's not what I meant. They've always done the things they were held accountable for, it's just that management decided to start holding them accountable shortly after the contract was ratified.

Things that were glossed over or resulted in a slap on the wrist in the past are suddenly things they want to terminate for.

I'm not saying that they're in the wrong, it's just that the timing is conspicuous. The workforce expanded (and started to get paid more) but the volume just isn't there to justify the # of workers, and it honestly feels like we're in the middle of a district-wide culling as a result.
I've noticed that here also. BA says it's because of the drop in volume. Easier to say bye and bring someone on later.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
I thought the same thing. They reassigned me.
I filed on that language once when they cut my route for a day and blew me out all week thinking I couldn’t file. The result was they paid for over 9.5 on all days except the cut day. I don’t agree with that outcome but at a minimum that’s the same as reassigning on a Saturday.