RPCD forced T-S

Back in August, a bunch of RPCDs were forced T-S and per the contract UPS had until 18 months, which happens to be this week to move all T-S RPCDs back to M-friend.

Currently our center only has 1/3 of Saturday routes as actual 22.4 drivers. Our Monday routes have been cut by 15-20 and many drivers on the M-friend are taking voluntary layoffs and working 4 days.

My question is: since I am a forced RPCD T-S, and since it is after what the contract says is the date we need to be switched back, can I call out on Saturdays without discipline? My center has schedule sheets and im told ill still be scheduled T-S, but technically its against the contract.

How does that work???????

Whither

Scofflaw
If you were hired into a M-friend schedule they had 18 months from the date of ratification to switch you back (and 24 months for RPCDs 'hired directly' into T-S). There was plenty of debate on a thread this spring re: the ratification date -- was it early October 2018, when Teamster brass imposed the contract over the members' No vote, or late April 2019, when the last supplements were ratified? I don't recall any definitive answer. If I were you, I'd definitely grieve it. Let us know the results.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Back in August, a bunch of RPCDs were forced T-S and per the contract UPS had until 18 months, which happens to be this week to move all T-S RPCDs back to M-friend.

Currently our center only has 1/3 of Saturday routes as actual 22.4 drivers. Our Monday routes have been cut by 15-20 and many drivers on the M-friend are taking voluntary layoffs and working 4 days.

My question is: since I am a forced RPCD T-S, and since it is after what the contract says is the date we need to be switched back, can I call out on Saturdays without discipline? My center has schedule sheets and im told ill still be scheduled T-S, but technically its against the contract.

The top guys are taking Monday's off, helping the company. What team players!

542thruNthru

No you just follow the grievance process.

"Work as directed, file later."

They should be paying you overtime for working all day Saturday because technically that's not your regularly scheduled day
If they are just paying you straight time I would definitely file a grievance on that

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Did you start out as a M-friend driver or a T-S driver? We have the same issue at our building as well, our BA stated that M-friend RCPD's that where switched to T-S schedule will go back to M-friend in October. But if you were hired as a T-S driver it will be until February to go to a M-friend schedule.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I was hired as a M-friend driver last year before our building even thought about Saturday ground. We started Saturday 2 months ago
I would talk to your BA and tell them about the situation, should be able to get cleaned up with it clearly stating the issue in the contract.

I guess he says we just have to keep filing grievances. That's it

That is really your only recourse, but when you win those grievances, all of those Saturdays will then have to be back-paid to 1.5x. Should be a nice check when it's all said and done. It doesn't get your Saturdays back, but it's all you've got.

Sweeper

Where’s the broom?
Make sure you are “volunteering” to work every Monday. If anyone junior to you is working an argument here could be made that you are entitled to eight hours pay for Monday on top of Saturday being paid at time and a half. Check your contract.

What'dyabringmetoday???

They should be paying you overtime for working all day Saturday because technically that's not your regularly scheduled day
If they are just paying you straight time I would definitely file a grievance on that
It would be overtime reg
Make sure you are “volunteering” to work every Monday. If anyone junior to you is working an argument here could be made that you are entitled to eight hours pay for Monday on top of Saturday being paid at time and a half. Check your contract.
Strongest labor union in the world. (Said no one ever).