24/7 operations

mrbrownstone

I would really like some clarification on what the point of this is. UPS, FedEx and Walmart are already 24/7 operations. The only thing we could do is start delivering Sundays. We can’t deliver overnight. Tractor trailers are already 24/7.

I’m truly confused as to what they (government) expect? What, do they want UPS feeders to start delivering loads to Target and Walmart that normally other trucking companies would do?

I read this whole article and it doesn’t explain how these UPS, FedEx, Walmart etc. can do anything more than they are already doing.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I would really like some clarification on what the point of this is. UPS, FedEx and Walmart are already 24/7 operations. The only thing we could do is start delivering Sundays. We can’t deliver overnight. Tractor trailers are already 24/7.

I’m truly confused as to what they (government) expect? What, do they want UPS feeders to start delivering loads to Target and Walmart that normally other trucking companies would do?

I read this whole article and it doesn’t explain how these UPS, FedEx, Walmart etc. can do anything more than they are already doing.
Exactly what I thought also.

Biden just spewing crap to make it seem like he can do something?

I do find it funny they’re supposed to be all for the workers but it sounds like the “plan” is just to try and expand the hours the trucking industry works.

Yeah that’ll work. Record number of people quitting their jobs. Let’s work those left harder.

542thruNthru

Just another way for UPS to say we are "essential workers" and must work ourselves to death.

Just like 2020.

When things like this come out it makes me feel even more that the government would never let us strike if we wanted to.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Just another way for UPS to say we are "essential workers" and must work ourselves to death.

Just like 2020.

When things like this come out it makes me feel even more that the government would never let us strike if we wanted to.
What happens if they waive the regulations?
Under the regulations a 7 day company can drive for 70 hours that is just driving not working hours. No I don't see this Administration allowing us to strike I think there's a thing called the National public safety act that's what the police firemen and traffic controllers fall under

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Under the regulations a 7 day company can drive for 70 hours that is just driving not working hours. No I don't see this Administration allowing us to strike I think there's a thing called the National public safety act that's what the police firemen and traffic controllers fall under
No that’s working hours. You can’t drive after 70 hours worked.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You guys & gals need to spend more time working and less time on social media. Haven't received my trinkets yet and am patiently waiting.

Returntosender

Would the company create more FT positions for this 24/7 workload or are the PTs expected to step up ? Curious what this all really means for us .
it’s temporary once distribution network is stable go back to pt hours.

Next few upcoming earning results UPS should beat market expectations with government using the over working ground network