25 and out Central region before age 57

710 steward

I would think that after 35 years it would be time to enjoy life....Hang it up while you are still healthy..Lets see...if you live to age 77..that is 240 months left in your calendar....They go by fast..all the money in the world will not slow down the clock of life....What's to be gained? Entering my 8th year of retirement..left at 55.......Looking back..it was the best decision I ever made.......I did not want to limp out...I looked forward to kicking back and doing what I please when and if I wanted to. Time is something we can not buy...we are here on earth for just a breif time then the dirt nap ends it.........My time is worth more than any acct balance I can look at.....

While I agree with most of your points but health insurance is a major factor. If one has free health insurance, a body friendly position, and 8 weeks paid vacation it makes staying a few extra years tolerable having that piece of mind.

The Milkman

While I agree with most of your points but health insurance is a major factor. If one has free health insurance, a body friendly position, and 8 weeks paid vacation it makes staying a few extra years tolerable having that piece of mind.

Free healthcare at what cost? Dealing with the stress that can only burn you out more..8 weeks vacation is great but I get 52 yearly....Everyones position in life dictates their moves. As for me..after seeing some family members die young and others that I knew that died too early I realized that all my planning to do this and that depended on me being around to do it.. I can look back someday with my wife and say." I am glad we retired, We got to enjoy many things having the time to do them, because many either don't get to or die shortly thereafter"..

710 steward

Free healthcare at what cost? Dealing with the stress that can only burn you out more..8 weeks vacation is great but I get 52 yearly....Everyones position in life dictates their moves. As for me..after seeing some family members die young and others that I knew that died too early I realized that all my planning to do this and that depended on me being around to do it.. I can look back someday with my wife and say." I am glad we retired, We got to enjoy many things having the time to do them, because many either don't get to or die shortly thereafter"..

Again, I don't disagree with anything you say. If a person can retire that's awesome but unfortunately with rising healthcare premiums it may not be a reality for some.

PT Car Washer

Could it be that PT has a less stressful job and enjoys going to work each day?
I know in my case this is true. Working the car wash, running misloads, covering pick ups the regular driver can't make and covering PM letter box pick ups during vacations(this weeks job) at FT driver rate is a lot less stressful then the grind of a FT package car drivers day.

The Milkman

Again, I don't disagree with anything you say. If a person can retire that's awesome but unfortunately with rising healthcare premiums it may not be a reality for some.

I hear ya..........but unfortunately those Health costs are ging to follow us all to the grave. I live for today as I may not see tomorrow...........

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I know in my case this is true. Working the car wash, running misloads, covering pick ups the regular driver can't make and covering PM letter box pick ups during vacations(this weeks job) at FT driver rate is a lot less stressful then the grind of a FT package car drivers day.

I was talking about you.