25 year old wanting to join UPS and make a career

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Sounds like op is ready to make some money. If you are at that part in your life, tired of being broke, then get on as a pter. Find a second job. You won’t be rich but you won’t be broke either, you will be able to take care of yourself; I know it sucks scraping by while you’re in school and you’re probably sick of it.
Get a job here. Get the healthcare, get the steady paychecks. Give yourself a year to find a job with your degree. Then reassess. My 2 cents.
Life does not run on a linear timeline. It’s about acquiring skills, and surviving the stops a long the way. If you don’t settle into a career until 35, so be it. You’ll work til your 55- 60 like everybody else and retire.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
okay so i graduated from college and did not enjoy it and cant find a decent job that will pay well and want to be in. the union but i have. some questions and concerns if anyone can answer.
1) how is the pay as a full timer and how much can you make per hour without over time?
2) how much can you make with. over time?
3) what is the work week like and what. are the hours?
4). how are benefits an vacation time?
5) is ups worth the commitment would they ever go away within like 5-10 years?
6) how long does it take to go from part time to full time?
7) since i have a degree and i was a driver for certain amount of years can i. move up to ups management?

With your degree and all you’d make a perfect part time sup. you could use your degree yelling “wrap it up” to a building full of half wit part timers

upser2020

Even as a part timer it's a decent gig I work in the warehouse so far for almost a year there's been constant overtime and we all just got a raise to 17 and with the overtime I make 35 to 40k a year.

Just curious why everyone says management isn't a good idea full times start at what I've been told 60k and I've seen people go from hourly employees to full time supervisors in two years

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Just curious why everyone says management isn't a good idea full times start at what I've been told 60k and I've seen people go from hourly employees to full time supervisors in two years
You've been here a year. Trust these old guys who've been here 20+.

Supervision is *not* where it's at.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
Even as a part timer it's a decent gig I work in the warehouse so far for almost a year there's been constant overtime and we all just got a raise to 17 and with the overtime I make 35 to 40k a year.

No room for advancement from what I’ve seen. I can only recommend it if you plan on leaving, because it’s a good look on your resume. You couldn’t pay me enough to ever do that :censored2:ty position. Sometimes I feel bad for them because a lot of these guys got tricked into going supervisor. Stay hourly dude.

Drink Craft Beer

Sounds like op is ready to make some money. If you are at that part in your life, tired of being broke, then get on as a pter. Find a second job. You won’t be rich but you won’t be broke either, you will be able to take care of yourself; I know it sucks scraping by while you’re in school and you’re probably sick of it.
Get a job here. Get the healthcare, get the steady paychecks. Give yourself a year to find a job with your degree. Then reassess. My 2 cents.
Life does not run on a linear timeline. It’s about acquiring skills, and surviving the stops a long the way. If you don’t settle into a career until 35, so be it. You’ll work til your 55- 60 like everybody else and retire.
Sounds more like he's trolling the :censored2: out of you guys.

Dewdewbrown

Probably won’t be driving until you’re 30. And you still won’t be topped out at 40/hr. Just use your degree.
You must work at a small hub! We have guys going FT in a matter of months here. It only takes 4 years to top out at 40..To the guy who started the thread, go for it..and you WILL make good money from the beginning. Qualify as a temp andyou will lock in a higher rate than regular drivers pay.