25 year old wanting to join UPS and make a career

34yearpackagehumper

Being a UPS Driver is a tough job,it is not for everyone.Long hrs and hard work.However if you can stick it out good money can be made here. If you can stick it out 30 or so years . You can make more in retirement than the average person makes working. Nothing wrong with having a college education, however a lot of Guys in the center that I worked in had BS , BA and a few had Masters . Most started part-time and stayed for the big $ as drivers. As for your number 7 could be a bad move. I had a few friends with "degrees" say I am tried of this truck only to go in management and failed badly. Next thing you know they are fired for what seem like petty stuff. I remember this one guy that went into management only to get fired a few years later. He was ranting and raving to me one Saturday about how low down UPS can be. I let him finish and I politely told him "you put the tie on" end of story. So to sum this up I say "pick your poison".

El Correcto

god is dead
ca

i just dont *ing understand why im born this way!!!!!!! maybe its just better to end my life or go to prison
Thank goodness the government spent time teaching you about photosynthesis instead of an actual marketable skill. I see the high school to college pipe line got you as well, even better to add on some debt to you without properly educating you on how to survive in the real world.

El Correcto

god is dead
I meant it's alright to try UPS but save all the money you make there. Don't waste it on big black jacked up trucks and all the other bull* right out the gate. If you end up being able to bear the job enough to know you're alright doing it the rest of your life, then you're good to go. But if you decide it's not, at least you'll have a lot of money saved to go learn a technical skill or something with no debt.
This is best advice.
If you got nothing else going on UPS is there to give you a shot but it definitely isn’t the end all be all. You can get out of it with the money you earn if it makes you miserable.

But it still begs the question why doesn’t this man already have an entry level knowledge of some trades. Instead our country pissed away tax dollars on wasting 4 years of his early life on a college prep school when it’s clear he could of seen this coming a mile of away and opted for working in a trade instead. I would of gladly taken an apprenticeship learning how to make money with a marketable skill over college prep learning about planets and viruses.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Electrician it is.
unnamed.gif

okay so i graduated from college and did not enjoy it and cant find a decent job that will pay well and want to be in. the union but i have. some questions and concerns if anyone can answer.
1) how is the pay as a full timer and how much can you make per hour without over time?
2) how much can you make with. over time?
3) what is the work week like and what. are the hours?
4). how are benefits an vacation time?
5) is ups worth the commitment would they ever go away within like 5-10 years?
6) how long does it take to go from part time to full time?
7) since i have a degree and i was a driver for certain amount of years can i. move up to ups management?
Strap a truck to your backside and your questions will be soon answered.