25 years ago we was on strike

Thebrownblob

The app is a gimmick. Just like UPS Rising was last time. It’s to “connect” with the TikToc generation.
I agree but if they didn’t have it they Would say “Teamsters are behind the times”. Lots of information out there, find it the way you deem best.

Last edited:

Frankie11

Good posts ITT! Perhaps instead of an app, the locals should encourage the union workers to go to in person business meetings. This would encourage the workers in the same local to share real issues that they are having that they cannot discuss at work. I know that they have meetings every week, however, they never discuss the details of them.

Thebrownblob

Just the idea they put the outline of the schedule
Good posts ITT! Perhaps instead of an app, the locals should encourage the union workers to go to in person business meetings. This would encourage the workers in the same local to share real issues that they are having that they cannot discuss at work. I know that they have meetings every week, however, they never discuss the details of them.
Every local will have contract proposal meetings, as well as every local has a general membership meeting.

Thebrownblob

I like the idea that they released the schedule for what they plan on doing monthly before contract time is up, so many times in the past we have been kept in the dark until there is some sort of agreement that we are voting on.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The app is a gimmick. Just like UPS Rising was last time. It’s to “connect” with the TikToc generation.

I downloaded it but haven’t looked at it…. So it’s pretty much a waste of time??
Nah there’s quite a bit of good stuff on there. And people having the ability to look at the contract and search for keywords is convenient.

Actually, I stand corrected. Just downloaded it and signed up, lots of good info on there.

Thebrownblob

Actually, I stand corrected. Just downloaded it and signed up, lots of good info on there.

I didn’t think it would be any good either, surprisingly there were several things on there I thought were helpful. And I know quite a bit, as I’m sure you do, so I would imagine those who are completely in the dark will be thrilled.