2nd Day Air question

Jacob Schimmy

Alright, so I have purchased an item from Newegg and I used 2nd Day Air. I ordered it on Wednesday and it shipped Thursday at 12:01 A.M. so literally right the next day. It states that as of today (Friday) it says that I will get the item on Monday, but I recently read on the UPS website that they have Saturday Delivery. So am I going to possibly get the item sooner? Or will i need to wait until Monday?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Monday.
2 days in transit on normal business workdays.
The package was not "shipped' it processed and a label produced on Thursday at 12:01 a.m.
The package must be shipped by 3:30 p.m. or so to actually get into the UPS system.

spif91

If you didn't pay the extra the 2nd day would be on Mon. Track it on ups.com and it should say a time for delivery depending on your location or it may say end of day on Monday which could be anytime between 9am and 9pm.

wayfair

swollen member
I picked up a package from one of my customers, the service was labeled "2nd Day Air S"
this was last week, new service??

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I picked up a package from one of my customers, the service was labeled "2nd Day Air S" this was last week, new service??
2nd Day Air Saturday. I have seen them for maybe 10 years? Not very often. No time commit. I have no idea where this came from.

PT, where do you think it came from? Express has a similar product hence 2DA Saturday. From what I have seen it really has not caught on. These pkgs do not have a time commit and are primarily residential.

upschuck

I had a customer ship one out one time to Atlanta, and didn't make it til Monday. When called to get a refund, they said that "we don't deliver 2DS to that zip code". It was medicine and UPS's software printed the label. I guess we don't deliver to all the zip codes we do for 1DS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a customer ship one out one time to Atlanta, and didn't make it til Monday. When called to get a refund, they said that "we don't deliver 2DS to that zip code". It was medicine and UPS's software printed the label. I guess we don't deliver to all the zip codes we do for 1DS.

Any refund would have been only for the difference between 2DS and 2DA.