3 1/2 guarantee daily or each shift?

Justaloader

Kicks in after 5 hours, so if you get 3 hours the first shift and 3 the second shift, that 6th hour would be time and a half.
Interesting. We just started a 1-5 pm sort in my hub. It started this past Monday, and they had us come in at 12pm, and work to 5pm. They then made us clock out, and then clock back in at 6pm, and work till 10 pm (which is the normal twilight shift). I was told by the management team that there would not be overtime paid, which is why they broke it up into two seperate shifts. They also said after cyber Monday, there would be plenty of overtime available.

Interesting. We just started a 1-5 pm sort in my hub. It started this past Monday, and they had us come in at 12pm, and work to 5pm. They then made us clock out, and then clock back in at 6pm, and work till 10 pm (which is the normal twilight shift). I was told by the management team that there would not be overtime paid, which is why they broke it up into two seperate shifts. They also said after cyber Monday, there would be plenty of overtime available.
I wonder if each shift is considered a punch?
Meaning that the second shift on Wednesday would be the sixth punch?

I'll ask @BigUnionGuy

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

Tell your BA to get you a copy of your contract to study.

710 has this:
Part -time Employees are to receive overtime only after completing five (5) hours work on the same shift. In hubs, a day is defined as a shift.

Which would be quite helpful in this case, since you work at a hub.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Our hub agreed to having PT sign up for 8 hours guarantee before peak, no OT until after 8, for this reason.

UPS will sometimes run sorts into each other 24 hrs and people weren't punching out, thus 12 hours they'd get (or expect) 5 hours reg 7 hours OT a day. Which was silly.

Our hub agreed to having PT sign up for 8 hours guarantee before peak, no OT until after 8, for this reason. UPS will sometimes run sorts into each other 24 hrs and people weren't punching out, thus 12 hours they'd get 5 hours reg 7 hours OT a day. Which was silly.
A 12 hour day isn't a part time job. That's why they pay time and a half after 5. Maybe they need more full time jobs?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A 12 hour day isn't a part time job. That's why they pay time and a half after 5. Maybe they need more full time jobs?
No one was forced to double or triple shift. If anything it was PT greed.

Like I said, UPS and union worked out an 8 hour list for part timers at peak. Temp FT. And if you aren't on the list, and you want to double shift, you get two punches and straight pay

PT Car Washer

Our hub agreed to having PT sign up for 8 hours guarantee before peak, no OT until after 8, for this reason.

UPS will sometimes run sorts into each other 24 hrs and people weren't punching out, thus 12 hours they'd get (or expect) 5 hours reg 7 hours OT a day. Which was silly.
They have tried that at my building before. No one signs up and UPS ends up paying OT after 5 hours instead of 8.

PT Car Washer

No one was forced to double or triple shift. If anything it was PT greed.

Like I said, UPS and union worked out an 8 hour list for part timers at peak. Temp FT. And if you aren't on the list, and you want to double shift, you get two punches and straight pay
UPS pays minimum PT wages with no benefits while the Union charges $600 initiation fees and you call it PT greed.