3 1/2 guarantee daily or each shift?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Western Region: I am %90 certain this is right but someone correct me if I am wrong.
1. 3.5 hours per shift and overtime after 5 hours in your first shift + overtime after exceeding a total of 8 daily regular hours on your second shift.
2. If you get extra work that occurs immediately after your regular work, then it may not include a 3.5 hour guarantee. However you also earn overtime after 5 for the whole period. This is a bit of a gray area but I've not yet seen a case for this yet because it's rare for extra work in a shift to approach 3.5 extra hours.

542thruNthru

Western Region: I am %90 certain this is right but someone correct me if I am wrong.
1. 3.5 hours per shift and overtime after 5 hours in your first shift + overtime after exceeding a total of 8 daily regular hours on your second shift.
2. If you get extra work that occurs immediately after your regular work, then it may not include a 3.5 hour guarantee. However you also earn overtime after 5 for the whole period. This is a bit of a gray area but I've not yet seen a case for this yet because it's rare for extra work (in a shift) to approach 3.5 extra hours, and the overtime .

This isn't in the Western Region of Teamsters. This must be your specific supplement/rider.

PT Car Washer

2. If you get extra work that occurs immediately after your regular work, then it may not include a 3.5 hour guarantee. However you also earn overtime after 5 for the whole period. This is a bit of a gray area but I've not yet seen a case for this yet because it's rare for extra work in a shift to approach 3.5 extra hours.
Wow. Way too complicated. OT after 5 hours in a day if you are PT. Double shifting is extra work so there is no guarantee but management knows that if they want volunteers it had better be worth our time to come in.

Interesting. We just started a 1-5 pm sort in my hub. It started this past Monday, and they had us come in at 12pm, and work to 5pm. They then made us clock out, and then clock back in at 6pm, and work till 10 pm (which is the normal twilight shift). I was told by the management team that there would not be overtime paid, which is why they broke it up into two seperate shifts. They also said after cyber Monday, there would be plenty of overtime available.
Uh I should’ve replied earlier, but that sounds like they would owe a lot of people OT, there is a “mandatory” hour break in between shifts you’re supposed to take. I believe overtime is also mandatory after a certain number of hours especially if you’re working double shifts. If you’re full time it might be different

Justaloader

Uh I should’ve replied earlier, but that sounds like they would owe a lot of people OT, there is a “mandatory” hour break in between shifts you’re supposed to take. I believe overtime is also mandatory after a certain number of hours especially if you’re working double shifts. If you’re full time it might be different

Nope - that's how they skirted around paying overtime. Once peak started, that changed. Last week and this week I've worked a few days with shifts like 2 to 10, 11, (whenever they wrap up for the night) - no breaks, and was paid for all 8, 9, or however many hours for that day. Works for me, as I don't eat dinner until after I go home for the evening anyhow.