3 day ride and my experience

UPS Lifer

Does anyone else have Wienerschnitzel restaurants? They are basically a hot dog place, but the food is good.
By the way, in German it translates to "little piece of meat":happy2:
It would be tough to be tagged with that nickname!

Wienerschnitzel is the McDonalds of Hot Dogs! The chain started near my house when I was growing up as a kid in the '60s and had a "der" in front of wiener.... There is nothing like a chili-dog with mustard and onions and a box of chili-cheese fries!!!

Unfortunately, they are mostly in California so I don't get a chance to get them much anymore. But I did have some last week!!!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Wienerschnitzel is the McDonalds of Hot Dogs! The chain started near my house when I was growing up as a kid in the '60s and had a "der" in front of wiener.... There is nothing like a chili-dog with mustard and onions and a box of chili-cheese fries!!!

Unfortunately, they are mostly in California so I don't get a chance to get them much anymore. But I did have some last week!!!
There used to be one in Flagstaff, not sure if it still there though.

UPS Lifer

That shows you how much I get out! I will have to check it out.

The guy that owns the "Cooked Chair" opened a hot dog place two weeks ago next to Elote Cafe on the 179. He has all the fixings but only has chips instead of fries. BUT - he does have chile and one of the customers said it was good. $4.99 for a combo including chips and drink. You put your own fixins on the dog.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
just wondering if there is an update to you folks who had your 3 day rides on this thread, its been over 3 months...enquiring minds want to know:peaceful:

rod

Retired 22 years
just wondering if there is an update to you folks who had your 3 day rides on this thread, its been over 3 months...enquiring minds want to know:peaceful:

I'm sure everything is just ducky and everyone had stops taken off them because management realized they were being dispatched too heavy.:happy-very:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We had a guy run an hour-plus late every day. Had his 3 day ride and now runs scratch. Guess he was never shown the proper way of delivering. Kind of amazed.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We had a guy run an hour-plus late every day. Had his 3 day ride and now runs scratch. Guess he was never shown the proper way of delivering. Kind of amazed.
Monster, I understand what you are saying. I have seen the error of my ways and I have made huge improvements on my times on rte. I have to say though, my improvements are not because of my sups helping me. My improvements have alot to do with a certain member here, thanks Lifer. :happy-very:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Monster, I understand what you are saying. I have seen the error of my ways and I have made huge improvements on my times on rte. I have to say though, my improvements are not because of my sups helping me. My improvements have alot to do with a certain member here, thanks Lifer. :happy-very:

dill, care to elaborate...or just pm me:wink2:

DS

Fenderbender
They are starting 3 day production rides here tomorrow.
They are saying that after three days we will be required to sign off on a document stating
that we will do no less than say....14 sporh.
I am reluctant to sign any such document for obvious reasons.
Has this happened anywhere else,and if so,did anyone sign it?

tourists24

They are saying that after three days we will be required to sign off on a document stating
Do not,,,, not ,,, not sign a document stating you will produce a certain amount of stops per hour. Agree to give them a fair days work. The burden of proof is on them if they feel you are not producing enough. The key to these production rides is doing the methods exactly to the t. They are going to expect you to do the same amount when they arent on the car with you as when they are. If you know you cant do 15 stops per hour, then you better not do that while they are riding with you. Go the speed limit, take your full allotted amounts of lunch and break.

TheKid

Yes,

They try to 'lock you into' the numbers that you performed to during your ride. I do not let my guys sign anything. I always tell them to say every day is different and I will "faithfully execute all duties assigned to me to the best of my ability and skill" . . . in other words you can take those numbers and papers and stuff them up your ass.

old levi's

blank space
I have been told at least three times in the past three months by the center manager (in all seriousness) that if I don't like the conditions at UPS, I can quit. Is this a new national campaign by UPS? Or a new kind of harassment? And they want sales leads from us?

helen, for years (and I do mean years) they have delighted in telling us "McDonalds is hiring" . Same old song, second verse.

Jim Kemp

Happened in our center and the driver flat out refused to sign. I hear the mgr threatened him but the Stewart told him not it. They left the office and nothing more was said. Looks like a bluff.
The question I have is How can they expect to hold you to a certain number if they keep changing the routes on you?
I think all the sups from center mgr down are scared spitless about their jobs. They have been given an impossible task.
I have been here over 30 years and I have never seen it work, they can call it a "3 day ride", a "lock in" or a "recertification" it never works.

bigblu 2 you

Happened in our center and the driver flat out refused to sign. I hear the mgr threatened him but the Stewart told him not it. They left the office and nothing more was said. Looks like a bluff.
The question I have is How can they expect to hold you to a certain number if they keep changing the routes on you?
I think all the sups from center mgr down are scared spitless about their jobs. They have been given an impossible task.
I have been here over 30 years and I have never seen it work, they can call it a "3 day ride", a "lock in" or a "recertification" it never works.
do not sign anything especially 'PRODUCTION RELATED" as this would be entering into a contract other than the one you have which states 'a fair days work for a fair days pay,thank you and goodnight,

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Sign it, don't sign it, doesn't really matter--you will be expected to maintain the SPORH you demostrated on the lock-in ride. Make sure your sup does not help you and that you follow all of the methods to a T.

whiskey

I love 3 day ojs. I look at it like a 3 day vacation. I get to slow down, and focus on my methods. And listen to what new, cutting edge, methods my soup has recently acquired form IE.
And I sign any paper work my soup asks me, at the conclusion of the 3 day ride. Usually, on the fourth day, when I'm back on my own, I'm 2 hours paid over.
All my customers know the 3 day ride gig. Some of them even belittle the on car soup. Sometimes they go overboard with their insults. Oh well.
"It is what it is".

UnconTROLLed

perfection

Our contract states that any extra-contract agreement between employee and employer is null and void.

Ask your on-car if signing that document is a condition of your employment, and if so you want it in writing; stating that signing the lock-in ride SPORH is a condition of employment , as is maintaining the SPORH.

That should nip it in the bud.

Basically, don't sign anything unless you have it in writing that you won't have a job otherwise fully signed by your center management team.

packageguy

I tell my guys, you don't sign anything but your paycheck. It's no more spors,
deminstrated level of production, when ojsed you go in the office they say
that. they will hold you to it. I have seen it first hand.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Do the methods, don't sign anything. If asked why you refuse to sign, tell em, Steve The Ups Guy said I didn't have to.

Sign it, don't sign it, doesn't really matter--you will be expected to maintain the SPORH you demostrated on the lock-in ride. Make sure your sup does not help you and that you follow all of the methods to a T.
True, but it is best NOT to sign a side agreement. Don't be afraid! Follow the methods, each and every single method. If the speed limit says 15mph, (don't know the conversion, sorry DS), do 15mph. Don't move till seatbelt is fastened, square shoulder to bulkhead door, use handcart for anything over 30lbs, etc...