3 day ride and my experience

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I was told to put it under load unload in the timecard screen. Ill have to check on the other work thing.
That goes to preload or local sort time. I can't imagine that your am or pm sup's would like this very much as it skews their numbers.

upsgrunt

Does anyone else have Wienerschnitzel restaurants? They are basically a hot dog place, but the food is good.
By the way, in German it translates to "little piece of meat":happy2:
It would be tough to be tagged with that nickname!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Does anyone else have Wienerschnitzel restaurants? They are basically a hot dog place, but the food is good.
We had a Bavarian restaurant in our mall. I just couldn't get myself to eat any of that food because it's so fattening.

Oh yeah, sorry for the HIJACK.

My route has had the right amount of stops lately, so no more threats. Makes one go hmmmm.

PobreCarlos

Probably being picky here, but I believe the "Wienerschnitzel" actually translates into something like "Vienna Cutlet" or "Viennese-style chop". In most parts of German-speaking Europe that I'm familiar with, if you order a Wienerschnitzel, you'll be served something like a somewhat higher quality breaded, fried tenderloin.

Thing to consider is that "Wiener" doesn't refer to the type of sausage we're familiar with either, (although that also could be considered to come from the German word for the city), but rather from "Wien", which is the German name for the Austrian capital city. "Schnitzel" does, however, does have a bit of the "little" associated with it, in the sense that it refers to a diminutive "cut".

By the way, as I recall, there was a fairly popular chain of "Wienerschnitzel" casual restaurants in southern Germany as well. Whether they part of the same chain you're speaking of, I couldn't say.

Gosh aren't you glad that I interrupted?!

[backing away sheepishly now]

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Probably being picky here, but I believe the "Wienerschnitzel" actually translates into something like "Vienna Cutlet" or "Viennese-style chop". In most parts of German-speaking Europe that I'm familiar with, if you order a Wienerschnitzel, you'll be served something like a somewhat higher quality breaded, fried tenderloin.

Thing to consider is that "Wiener" doesn't refer to the type of sausage we're familiar with either, (although that also could be considered to come from the German word for the city), but rather from "Wien", which is the German name for the Austrian capital city. "Schnitzel" does, however, does have a bit of the "little" associated with it, in the sense that it refers to a diminutive "cut".

By the way, as I recall, there was a fairly popular chain of "Wienerschnitzel" casual restaurants in southern Germany as well. Whether they part of the same chain you're speaking of, I couldn't say.

Man does this guy have some knowledge.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We don't have one here but I there was one where I grew up. If it is still there (and it was the last time I was there) it has been there for some 35+ years.

Pobre...........................

From Wikipedia.................................(Viennese Schnitzel in German, where Schnitzel means a cutlet without bones).

Don't you ever get tired of thinking you are better than everyone else?

PobreCarlos

We don't have one here but I there was one where I grew up. If it is still there (and it was the last time I was there) it has been there for some 35+ years.

Pobre...........................

From Wikipedia.................................(Viennese Schnitzel in German, where Schnitzel means a cutlet without bones).

Don't you ever get tired of thinking you are better than everyone else?

Actually, I do sometimes. However, that's never stopped me from not buying into B.S. that I may hear.. And, in terms of a translation of "Wienerschnitzel" , I just happen to have enough familiarity with the language (and, unfortunately, by virtue of having eaten far, FAR too many of them!) to know I'm right. BTW, glad to see that you found out that Wikipedia agrees with me.

upsgrunt

Oh, you are one of THOSE people. Excuse me for being beneath you.

Excuse the spelling, but can you give a dissertation of the phrase "bach schnel"?

PobreCarlos

grunt;

Sorry if I offended you. As for "bach schnel", I have no idea; it's not a German phrase that I'm familiar with. "Bach", I believe, translates to "creek", while "schnel" doesn't mean anything that I'm aware of. However, I have my suspicions that you're trying to write "Mach schnell" (a command that somehow always seem to be tossed around in WWII/Nazi movies), which pretty much means "hurry up" or (literally?) "make speed" (a true German speaker may feel free to correct me on the latter)

Aren't you glad you asked? [grin!]

UnconTROLLed

perfection

That is right. It is Austrian and not German. My mother and father lived in Ger for 8 years and thats the 5th german word I knew, "Veenerscnitzel"! It is good, we had the real thing in Austria.

upsgrunt

grunt;

Sorry if I offended you. As for "bach schnel", I have no idea; it's not a German phrase that I'm familiar with. "Bach", I believe, translates to "creek", while "schnel" doesn't mean anything that I'm aware of. However, I have my suspicions that you're trying to write "Mach schnell" (a command that somehow always seem to be tossed around in WWII/Nazi movies), which pretty much means "hurry up" or (literally?) "make speed" (a true German speaker may feel free to correct me on the latter)

I was always told it translates literally to "make faster"; I could be wrong, probably am, wont be the first time.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Actually, I do sometimes. However, that's never stopped me from not buying into B.S. that I may hear.. And, in terms of a translation of "Wienerschnitzel" , I just happen to have enough familiarity with the language (and, unfortunately, by virtue of having eaten far, FAR too many of them!) to know I'm right. BTW, glad to see that you found out that Wikipedia agrees with me.
I'm not saying that you are wrong, at least in this, all I was saying is that you could have used far less wording and been far less haughty about it. :peaceful:

PobreCarlos

dilligaf;

Yet, in your response to my post, you quote its contents in their entirety. Something odd about that, don't you think? [smile] But I congratulate you on [supposedly] knowing what I was thinking. You must have a real mentalist type of talent there!

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Oh, you are one of THOSE people. Excuse me for being beneath you.

Excuse the spelling, but can you give a dissertation of the phrase "bach schnel"?

grunt;

All we need is CementUps avatar and we'd have a war of the schnitzel's.:happy2:

dilligaf;

Yet, in your response to my post, you quote its contents in their entirety. Something odd about that, don't you think? [smile] But I congratulate you on [supposedly] knowing what I was thinking. You must have a real mentalist type of talent there!
PC, do you really want to light that fuse?:whiteflag:

End of HIJACK................ACHTUNG!!!