3-day rides ramping up in our division

Rack em

Made the Podium
Is a safety ride considered different than a Space and Visibilty ride? I thought they were under the same annual ride. I had my yearly safety ride a couple months ago. And now I’m informed I need a Space and Visibilty ride. I’ve been driving for six years and this is a first. Maybe it has something to do with me finally winning a permanent bid route. Hmm..:dissapointed:
You have your annual ride and any ride after that is just a production ride. It's a nation wide thing the company is doing right now to try and get drivers to scratch so they can try to hold them accountable for "numbers". Just follow the methods, follow orion, and do your best to come in OVER allowed. And be sure to make a note anytime the supervisor assists you in any way during the ride. They cannot hold doors open, touch packages, etc. They are there to supervise and that is it! If they start talking about production or mention anything about speed, file an article 37 grievance.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
You have your annual ride and any ride after that is just a production ride. It's a nation wide thing the company is doing right now to try and get drivers to scratch so they can try to hold them accountable for "numbers". Just follow the methods, follow orion, and do your best to come in OVER allowed. And be sure to make a note anytime the supervisor assists you in any way during the ride. They cannot hold doors open, touch packages, etc. They are there to supervise and that is it! If they start talking about production or mention anything about speed, file an article 37 grievance.
Yeah that’s what I figured. I’m not too concerned about it. The only way for them to understand my numbers is to see what I deal with everyday. The only outcome I see is stop count reduction. Bring it on

RolloTony Brown Town

What exactly would be a mention of speed? Or of production?

So you’re saying a supervisor can’t talk to you about how you perform? Cause if they say anything that you disagree with then it’s harrassment. What planet are you from?

It’s 3 consecutive days. Take note of any doors being opened for you, held for you, help with moving packages, how the load quality and dispatch were compared to what you normally had. Take note of if the supervisor told you where a package was in the back to help you out. If supervisor comes off car a day and tries to go back the next then file art 37. If supervisors tries to stay for a 4th day then file art 37.

Most drivers I’ve met have nothing to hide. If you have nothing to hide then who cares if you have a visit? It’s a special visit too where nobody is happy lol

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah that’s what I figured. I’m not too concerned about it. The only way for them to understand my numbers is to see what I deal with everyday. The only outcome I see is stop count reduction. Bring it on
You deliver in San Francisco...right??? You pretty much have them by the balls....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Why’s that?
Nowhere to park.. lots of hills and elevators... I can imagine that trying to find a parking spot would be a nightmare.... unless you have built in time for that kind of thing I would think an allowance would be totally jacked.. more than usual...

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
Remember to get a signature for every pkg with electronics enclosed. 2 indirect attempts at neighboring houses if not home!

Remember....maintain a firm grip grasping opposite corners AND use the hand rail. This can only be done if you place every pkg on the floor of the cab,exit using the handrail, and picking it up again....Every package, every stop.

Remember....go around the block to turn around. No residential driveways to turn around.

Remember....walk every driveway under 50 yards. And walk long driveways without perfect turn arounds and/or kids. Don't block driveways or park across from them. Check for kids in front of truck when returning to truck every time.

Before any questionable back...stop and get out.

Make complete stops at stop signs. Complete pre-trip, fully filled out del notes, lift cart back into cab in front of you,

Driver release completely out of sight from street and alley, and out of possible wind-blown rain. Perhaps they are on vacation and the pkg will be outside for 2 weeks...

Square up to bulkhead before opening or closing. Every pkg in power zone. Go into every flag stop. Use the hand cart as much as possible.

Methods to the smallest detail. Especially the safety methods.Maintain your following distance even at rush hour. Think perfect safety and methods on the production ride.

The job done properly takes time. You only have to scratch when qualifying.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Nowhere to park.. lots of hills and elevators... I can imagine that trying to find a parking spot would be a nightmare.... unless you have built in time for that kind of thing I would think an allowance would be totally jacked.. more than usual...

Red curbs?

They are always open. ;)

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Uhh yeah dude. The motto amongst us drivers in S.friend. is we park wherever the friend we want to. Except bus stops, handicap spots, and near intersections.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Uhh yeah dude. The motto amongst us drivers in S.friend. is we park wherever the friend we want to. Except bus stops, handicap spots, and near intersections.
So your bull:censored2: mgt know its harder than friend to deal with delivering in such a busy city yet they still harass you guys beyond belief... typical bs ups ....

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
So your bull:censored2: mgt know its harder than friend to deal with delivering in such a busy city yet they still harass you guys beyond belief... typical bs ups ....
Oh yeah sometimes I have to walk off deliveries for a whole city block because double parking isn’t an option. But If you don’t hit that 15 sphor, “looks like you’re up for a space and visibility ride”. It’s all b.s.

clean hairy

It is blatant over supervision to try and make drivers held accountable to "numbers". There should be a national grievance under article 37 to put a stop to these rides. Some supervisor somewhere slipped up and let a driver get a sheet about these rides. It instructs the supervisors they are REQUIRED to bring the driver to scratch and if they don't scratch day 1 then the day is thrown out and they are to ride again up to 3 days to bring the driver to scratch.
The driver could put itching powder in the underwear.
He would scratch the entire day!

KOG72

I’m full of it
Our Division Manger is apparently doing 3-day rides at our center. This is a dead horse that's about to be beat yet again, but... in your opinion, is a 3-day ride considered over-supervision? Is any ride more than your yearly OJS ride considered over-supervision?

Discuss.
Three free meals make sure to eat high on the hog those days.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Rob A from Local 538.... was discharged by a Panel for it in 2014.
same center manager that fired him was fired from UPS , he also went to jail for assault....what goes around comes around. Rob was a die-hard union brother who stuck up to UPS , that’s what got him fired.

Last edited: