3-day rides ramping up in our division

You have the ability to demonstrate all the methods (with out fail) and run the entire

route within the allotted time frame.... right ?

Not just this route.... but, all of them in your center.

Isn't that what you get paid for ?
Yes,

A successful day is getting everything delivered safely without needing help. Ive challenged management to show me how all the time. And I remind them that I’m not one of their coddled drivers that can only do 8 or so routes. I am teaching myself 8 routes a month.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A successful day is getting everything delivered safely without needing help.

No driver should need help.

Unless;

You have a breakdown, a HazMat situation, medical issue, or family emergency.

(there could be other emergency's)

I am teaching myself 8 routes a month.

That's cool.

I was trained on one route, and learned 25 more "in the blind".

On paper, with a map book. Those were the days.... :biggrin:

Unless;

That's cool.

I was trained on one route, and learned 25 more "in the blind".

On paper, with a map book. Those were the days.... :biggrin:
Yet every center has a few drivers that ALWAYS needs help.

Learned 32 last year (including split routes) now that building is hurting for coverage. I told them Monday that they should have planned better. “You never had a problem when I worked there”. Paper was more user friendly than Orion. As long as the preloaders put sequence numbers on the pkgs. :wink2:

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Unless;

What :censored2:ing planet do you live on? There is never a day where DPS doesn't totally :censored2: up at least 4 routes!

Rack em

Made the Podium
These rides are happening right now in my local and I don't understand how the union is letting them happen. It clearly violates article 37 so why won't our union put a stop to this obvious BS?!

542thruNthru

I haven't gotten a ride yet, but I will file if they try. But this is happening nation wide I heard so why hasn't the union stepped in to stop this without wasting time with the grievance procedure.

Like my BA always says. In the end we can't stop them from riding on "their" trucks.

We can only protect ourselves with Art 37 grievances (and all other applicable)

Rack em

Made the Podium
Like my BA always says. In the end we can't stop them from riding on "their" trucks.

We can only protect ourselves with Art 37 grievances (and all other applicable)
It is blatant over supervision to try and make drivers held accountable to "numbers". There should be a national grievance under article 37 to put a stop to these rides. Some supervisor somewhere slipped up and let a driver get a sheet about these rides. It instructs the supervisors they are REQUIRED to bring the driver to scratch and if they don't scratch day 1 then the day is thrown out and they are to ride again up to 3 days to bring the driver to scratch.

542thruNthru

It is blatant over supervision to try and make drivers held accountable to "numbers". There should be a national grievance under article 37 to put a stop to these rides. Some supervisor somewhere slipped up and let a driver get a sheet about these rides. It instructs the supervisors they are REQUIRED to bring the driver to scratch and if they don't scratch day 1 then the day is thrown out and they are to ride again up to 3 days to bring the driver to scratch.

I agree is BS but just like with the national grievance we have on PVDs or the the grievance we have in the West about Cover Drivers working Saturdays. It's not going to stop them.

Its like I tell people. The union has to follow the contract and go through the process. The company can do what they want because they have the money to pay for it in the end.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I agree is BS but just like with the national grievance we have on PVDs or the the grievance we have in the West about Cover Drivers working Saturdays. It's not going to stop them.

Its like I tell people. The union has to follow the contract and go through the process. The company can do what they want because they have the money to pay for it in the end.
No they don't have the money to pay for it....we can't even fuel up our damn trucks!

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
First day is yearly, no reason needed.
Second day: noted purpose.
Third day and beyond: Take it to local panel to dispute the purpose and it will likely stop on day 4.
It is a local agreement as old as dirt.
Is a safety ride considered different than a Space and Visibilty ride? I thought they were under the same annual ride. I had my yearly safety ride a couple months ago. And now I’m informed I need a Space and Visibilty ride. I’ve been driving for six years and this is a first. Maybe it has something to do with me finally winning a permanent bid route. Hmm..:dissapointed: