3-day rides ramping up in our division

The Driver

I drive.
Our Division Manger is apparently doing 3-day rides at our center. This is a dead horse that's about to be beat yet again, but... in your opinion, is a 3-day ride considered over-supervision? Is any ride more than your yearly OJS ride considered over-supervision?

Discuss.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
First day is yearly, no reason needed.
Second day: noted purpose.
Third day and beyond: Take it to local panel to dispute the purpose and it will likely stop on day 4.
It is a local agreement as old as dirt.

The Driver

I drive.
First day is yearly, no reason needed.
Second day: noted purpose.
Third day and beyond: Take it to local panel to dispute the purpose and it will likely stop on day 4.
It is a local agreement as old as dirt.

So let's say a driver gets a yearly ride in February and has had two production/methods rides in March and is going to get the fourth ride tomorrow. Should that driver file a grievance tomorrow morning?

Rack em

Made the Podium
So let's say a driver gets a yearly ride in February and has had two production/methods rides in March and is going to get the fourth ride tomorrow. Should that driver file a grievance tomorrow morning?
Absolutely file! Also note anytime the supervisor riding with you did anything to assist or make your day easier than it normally would be.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I had my second S&V ride this year today. My last supervisor did one last month but forgot to turn the paperwork in. He got transferred so I had to do another one since my time was up. No big deal. I have never had a three-day ride in my 34 years.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I had my second S&V ride this year today. My last supervisor did one last month but forgot to turn the paperwork in. He got transferred so I had to do another one since my time was up. No big deal. I have never had a three-day ride in my 34 years.
They can falsify the paperwork. No way they are riding with me

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They can falsify the paperwork. No way they are riding with me
6C678C9D-02E9-41A8-81D8-605220BF1378.gif

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

If the employee feels he is being harassed he should file a grievance, regardless of how many ride alongs he's had. If at any time a supervisor says you aren't going fast enough, or aren't meeting production, remind them of article 37. If they continue to bring up production, and especially if they threaten discipline, file a grievance.

rod

Retired 22 years
Did the rules change? We had 3 day rides every year. It was no big deal. If you done it right the results of your ride was thrown out because you looked too bad on paper. :-)

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Our Division Manger is apparently doing 3-day rides at our center. This is a dead horse that's about to be beat yet again, but... in your opinion, is a 3-day ride considered over-supervision? Is any ride more than your yearly OJS ride considered over-supervision?

Discuss.

If he is overweight they tend to get in your way..Make sure he buys lunch..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Discuss.
The way I read the contract, one day rides are all that is allowed. Article 37, section 2.

Anybody else read it that way?

Last edited: