3-day rides ramping up in our division

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
Why didn't BUG ask you what the contract violation is?
All I can tell you guys is this - anytime they have tried a 3 day ride in our building, the driver files harassment after the 2nd day and that puts an abrupt halt to the lock in crap and nothing more is said about it ever. This in a RTW state in the deep south. Interpret it any way you want but it works here ( if you're not scared to file). And our BA is a freakin pitbull.

Rack em

Made the Podium
All I can tell you guys is this - anytime they have tried a 3 day ride in our building, the driver files harassment after the 2nd day and that puts an abrupt halt to the lock in crap and nothing more is said about it ever. This in a RTW state in the deep south. Interpret it any way you want but it works here ( if you're not scared to file). And our BA is a freakin pitbull.
People in our center are either scared to file or just don't care about their rights. it doesn't help that our BA is the little yorkie the pitbull just walked over.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
People in our center are either scared to file or just don't care about their rights. it doesn't help that our BA is the little yorkie the pitbull just walked over.
I just don't understand it. If I'm expected to follow every little rule and method, I expect them to follow a contract they agreed to. Either do it or pay me. Their choice.

Indecisi0n

How about if our BA is a teacup Chihuahua?

El Correcto

god is dead
I had my second S&V ride this year today. My last supervisor did one last month but forgot to turn the paperwork in. He got transferred so I had to do another one since my time was up. No big deal. I have never had a three-day ride in my 34 years.
I had about 10 ride alongs my first year. Also my center manager screaming at me to quit my job in the morning when I’d tell them I was going to have late air again.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I want a 30 day ride where they actually train me how to use ODO properly. Or observe, with a stop watch, me digging packages out of the middle of a full truck. Bring it on.
Or better yet observe your sup with a stopwatch digging out his/her first 25 stops on your route....I have been here over 25 years and have NEVER seen anything come out of a 3 day ride....people need to stop stressing....

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
I want a 30 day ride where they actually train me how to use ODO properly. Or observe, with a stop watch, me digging packages out of the middle of a full truck. Bring it on.
I know it's your third stop but do you think you could climb over everything to find that envelop in the middle of your 6000 shelf? Thanks for your efforts. We knew ODO was a winning idea.

RolloTony Brown Town

It doesn’t matter how it’s interpretted. If you file article 37 then management has to cease and desist until there is a local level hearing.

Mooseknuckle

First day is yearly, no reason needed.
Second day: noted purpose.
Third day and beyond: Take it to local panel to dispute the purpose and it will likely stop on day 4.
It is a local agreement as old as dirt.
Where I am they hate doing the yearly ride. A lot more fun staying in the air conditioning telling stupid jokes and eating corn chips.

Mooseknuckle

No.

People always fail to read the whole thing.

"Not more than one (1) member of management will ride with a driver at any time except for the purpose of training management personnel. No driver will be scheduled for more than one (1) day’s ride per year with more than one (1) member of management on the car."

If you feel the number of rides is excessive.... then file a grievance.

-Bug-
But, why are they doing it? What's in it for them?