3 day suspension before 1 day?

shaco

The Demon Jester
been with preload a little over a year I called in on the 22 and I guess they are gonna push for a 3 day suspension when I grieve it will get dropped to a 1 day ect but I never received any notice or anything about a 1 day suspension.. is a 1 day suspension not even a thing? I mean what's the point in progressive discipline if you can just skip tiers..?

I am also wondering how long management has to dish out write ups and suspension's 10 days? 5? idk

Up In Smoke

Most times it's just management blowing hot air, progressive discipline needs to be followed. Make sure your steward is in on every conversation.

Up In Smoke

What I've done in the past is ask for attendance records for all shifts for the last 90 days. (information request) Every time I've done this they look at the time and effort to fill my request and reduce your discipline to a verbal. Make them do the work and show cause.

shaco

The Demon Jester
List any and all call ins before the 22nd...

Good luck
What I've done in the past is ask for attendance records for all shifts for the last 90 days. (information request) Every time I've done this they look at the time and effort to fill my request and reduce your discipline to a verbal. Make them do the work and show cause.
even if I have quite a few call in's I should still do this? Ill look back myself and see how many I have I don't really keep track I just make sure I call in a lot less than other people in the preload

I'm assuming I am supposed to ask the fulltime preload sup (we only have one) or the sup pushing for the 3 day? for the records?

edit: pretty sure I have 3 call in's within 90 days

Last edited:

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
even if I have quite a few call in's I should still do this? Ill look back myself and see how many I have I don't really keep track I just make sure I call in a lot less than other people in the preload

I'm assuming I am supposed to ask the fulltime preload sup (we only have one) or the sup pushing for the 3 day? for the records?

edit: pretty sure I have 3 call in's within 90 days
giphy.gif

shaco

The Demon Jester
Involve your steward, please!! You are your worst witness!!
ye he was there when they notified me that they were pushing for the 3 day, he pretty much said to fill out the form and not really think about it again this is the first grievance I've ever actually had to fill out though so I figured I would check in here

shaco

The Demon Jester
quick question do you mean 90 working days? or just 90 days

Mdet

I would first contact the steward and say why am I getting into trouble without a verbal first. Our management they try to get to u first and try to write u up for little things. I would keep notes on everything. What gets them I would start to file on them if they start to work everyday and file on them. It will get them off your back.
1. I tell new people every year is please show up to work and u will not have worry about management at all. I tell them to get numbers of steward and main number as well.
2. I know I have seen issues come up such as Attendance, and people calling out. I always talk to those people and tell them to show up please.

shaco

The Demon Jester
I would first contact the steward and say why am I getting into trouble without a verbal first. Our management they try to get to u first and try to write u up for little things. I would keep notes on everything. What gets them I would start to file on them if they start to work everyday and file on them. It will get them off your back.
1. I tell new people every year is please show up to work and u will not have worry about management at all. I tell them to get numbers of steward and main number as well.
2. I know I have seen issues come up such as Attendance, and people calling out. I always talk to those people and tell them to show up please.
I did indeed get a verbal warning a little while ago (maybe like a month ago) its just but nobody ever tried to give me a 1 day suspension they went right to the 3 day

I don't think your first point makes much sense to me though 6 months ago I got a write up for 1(yes a single box) misload thus having to deal with management

Mdet

I did indeed get a verbal warning a little while ago (maybe like a month ago) its just but nobody ever tried to give me a 1 day suspension they went right to the 3 day

I don't think your first point makes much sense to me though 6 months ago I got a write up for 1(yes a single box) misload thus having to deal with management
U could talk to your BA and I would contact them and tell them they are tying to give u a 3 day sus. It also sounds like they want to go after people for little things I hate when management does that then I have get involved more and I watch what they do and I nail them on the spot for open boxes or why are they working. If u want to play there games it can be very easy and they usally fail on it.

shaco

The Demon Jester
U could talk to your BA and I would contact them and tell them they are tying to give u a 3 day sus. It also sounds like they want to go after people for little things I hate when management does that then I have get involved more and I watch what they do and I nail them on the spot for open boxes or why are they working. If u want to play there games it can be very easy and they usally fail on it.
if you don't mind me asking what is a BA?

shaco

The Demon Jester
The guy that shows up like clockwork every few years when the local has an election.
hmm, not really sure if I have seen this person probably have at some point..

anyway what I think I shall do is just request the attendance records for all shifts for the last 90 days, fill out my grievance and see what happens thanks for the help people!

Oh and ill talk the the steward tomorrow about why they skipped the 1 day sus

Up In Smoke

Have your steward ask for a copy of the verbal warning meeting and also request the attendance records. I'm not implying that you should not receive progressive discipline only that it must be warranted and just.