3 Things

Only if in turn you take the migraines for a whole year from the pressure of running a company. (The grass is always greener.....)
True, the grass is always greener, but at the same time, they create many of the migraines themselves by over working the hourlies. While there are some trouble employees, most hourlies just want to come to work, do the job, and go home. They don't want to cause migraines. When they cause management a "migraine," it is unintentional and a simple mistake, often due at least in part to having too much work and too little time. Allowing IE to determine how many routes exist after looking at a computer screen, cutting routes, and working drivers until 9 or 9:30 is not a mistake. It is intentional.

packageguy

There are 3 things that every pkg. driver should have to do for at least one year to become a complete driver:

1. Run a satellite route.

2. Pick up from a UPS store.

3. Work out of a standard transmission 800 with the seat welded to the seat post and no
power steering.

Been there done that, and yes your right, that should be part of the 1st year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are 3 things that every pkg. driver should have to do for at least one year to become a complete driver:

1. Run a satellite route.

2. Pick up from a UPS store.

3. Work out of a standard transmission 800 with the seat welded to the seat post and no
power steering.

Anyway.....desperately trying to get back to the topic of this thread.....

I can see where running a satellite route would give you a greater appreciation of walking in each day to a closed-out pkg car. I cannot imagine loading my own PC out of a TP-60 in the parking lot at Walmart in all types of weather only to have to load my pickups in the same trailer that night.

I pick up at a UPS store (sort of---it is an old MBE) daily. I make at least two pickups during the day there which seems to make it easier. There is another driver who is supposed to make a sweep through there but only does it when he feels like it--he hasn't felt like it in over a month and my center manager, steward, that driver and I are going to have a meeting this morning about this issue. We have two mutual pickups that he is supposed to sweep through and that I close out but those pickups would need to see a picture of him to know who he is as he hasn't been to either in over a month and, yes, he does close them out in his DIAD.

I have done #3 as well which is why I truly appreciate my new P-1000 with the power steering and low step.

I hope this thread stays on topic.