30 day cover driver potential accident

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
Im on 20th day of cover driver probation period. Ran scratch 8 days so far. Drove saturday air and went to an area i wasnt familiar with. Its a gated community and google maps led me to the back entrance that has a gate with no key pad, and the only way in is with the resident sticker on car. I u turned to pull over and to run it off the stop seeing as it was 10 blocks away versus driving atleast 5 miles to get to the other side. I saw a resident coming so the bright colored crayon that i am followed her in. She was almost pass the gate that swings out then stops and starts to reverse. This butch was taking her miserable life out on a ups driver that could be delivering to her house. She starts moving forward and i proceed. Apparently theres a gate that swings vertical that is a foot away from the gate that swings out. So that vertical gate clips the back of the truck falls off. I pull over call sup immediately they tell me stay put until they figure something out. The lady comes over tells me she said that i cant go through this gate. I said mam you never said anything in fact you forced the gate to close on me. She drives away. Manager comes out and we put the pole back on the arm. It was fastened by plastic nuts so its designed to fall off. He said he spoke to his boss and told him ive been doing good on the route and that there is no damage to truck or gate. The residents said the gate falls off all the time. His boss told him that i need to understand that i cant talk about it in the center. My manager said that Im lucky that i couldve been dq because of my 30 days. I told him i thought i was. He then says if the company of the community claims it to be damaged then ill be in some bs. I just want to hear other peoples thougts. Im worried that i screwed myself out of driving and not sure about employment as well. Ive heard of employees keeping their jobs over worse :censored2:. I am unionized and circumsized.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Im on 20th day of cover driver probation period. Ran scratch 8 days so far. Drove saturday air and went to an area i wasnt familiar with. Its a gated community and google maps led me to the back entrance that has a gate with no key pad, and the only way in is with the resident sticker on car. I u turned to pull over and to run it off the stop seeing as it was 10 blocks away versus driving atleast 5 miles to get to the other side. I saw a resident coming so the bright colored crayon that i am followed her in. She was almost pass the gate that swings out then stops and starts to reverse. This butch was taking her miserable life out on a ups driver that could be delivering to her house. She starts moving forward and i proceed. Apparently theres a gate that swings vertical that is a foot away from the gate that swings out. So that vertical gate clips the back of the truck falls off. I pull over call sup immediately they tell me stay put until they figure something out. The lady comes over tells me she said that i cant go through this gate. I said mam you never said anything in fact you forced the gate to close on me. She drives away. Manager comes out and we put the pole back on the arm. It was fastened by plastic nuts so its designed to fall off. He said he spoke to his boss and told him ive been doing good on the route and that there is no damage to truck or gate. The residents said the gate falls off all the time. His boss told him that i need to understand that i cant talk about it in the center. My manager said that Im lucky that i couldve been dq because of my 30 days. I told him i thought i was. He then says if the company of the community claims it to be damaged then ill be in some bs. I just want to hear other peoples thougts. Im worried that i screwed myself out of driving and not sure about employment as well. Ive heard of employees keeping their jobs over worse :censored2:. I am unionized and circumsized.
Well, thank God you’re circumsized.

tadpole

This happens all the time. You did the right thing and reported it. They chose to sweep it under the rug. You should be good, unless someone complains about the incident.

Let this be a lesson. Be more careful with these gates and always be prepared for people to do the unexpected.

GenericUsername

I had one of those plastic gates you're talking about close early on top of my car as I was driving through. It popped off just like yours did and I was not charged with an accident for it as there was no damage.

Good luck to you. Accident Ms are a big thing right now. I've seen good drivers shown the door while trying to qualify who had a minor incident.

Brisket

You should Never try to squeeze through those gates ( most are timed for one vehicle to go through), but excellent job calling your Sup right away, better to be 100 percent honest about it and let the chips fall where they may.

Last edited:

El Correcto

god is dead
When I’m posting a long story like one of these. You know the kind where you go into a lot of detail, I like to paragraph it out so that people don’t just see a huge wall of text.

You can choose good breaks to, like when you start explaining another aspect of the story you can paragraph to show a progression of what you are trying to communicate. I would of done this after you got done explaining who you are and then moved onto what happened.

About your problem though, it would appear you had an accident in your first thirty days. This is bad. It shows you lack the things you need to do this job safely Space and Visibility.

There should of been space between you that gate and the lady. You should of been scanning the area, how do you not see a gate? Besides that it sounds like you were trying to tailgate through the gate behind here, they usually have signs posted warning you.

That being said though, you got cleared it sounds like. How you spent time talking to residents to find out the gate was built to be hit by vehicles I don’t know, seems weird but okay. Also, yes if that company calls in and says “hey num nuts, my :censored2:ing gate isn’t built to be knocked off by delivery trucks, you damaged it!” you certainly will find yourself in quite the pickle.

But what’s done is done, you are in a better position now than most people who show they can’t go thirty days without hitting something.
If you worked as a part timer you will go back to the hub, keeping your job. If you weren’t a part timer, you are only circumsized and will be shown the door. No union in your probation period as far as I’m aware.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
When I’m posting a long story like one of these. You know the kind where you go into a lot of detail, I like to paragraph it out so that people don’t just see a huge wall of text.

You can choose good breaks to, like when you start explaining another aspect of the story you can paragraph to show a progression of what you are trying to communicate. I would of done this after you got done explaining who you are and then moved onto what happened.

When you are trying to be the grammar police, you should damn well make sure your post is beyond reproach. Yours needs some work. But otherwise, good advice.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box

About your problem though, it would appear you had an accident in your first thirty days. This is bad. It shows you lack the things you need to do this job safely Space and Visibility.

There should of been space between you that gate and the lady. You should of been scanning the area, how do you not see a gate? Besides that it sounds like you were trying to tailgate through the gate behind here, they usually have signs posted warning you.

That being said though, you got cleared it sounds like. How you spent time talking to residents to find out the gate was built to be hit by vehicles I don’t know, seems weird but okay. Also, yes if that company calls in and says “hey num nuts, my :censored2:ing gate isn’t built to be knocked off by delivery trucks, you damaged it!” you certainly will find yourself in quite the pickle.

But what’s done is done, you are in a better position now than most people who show they can’t go thirty days without hitting something.
If you worked as a part timer you will go back to the hub, keeping your job. If you weren’t a part timer, you are only circumsized and will be shown the door. No union in your probation period as far as I’m aware.

Sorry for the run on sentence i've had a lot going on. Almost too much for my brain. Last week my best friend killed himself. Thats the worst of it all, but the list is growing. I appreciate your insight.

They had me stay put for several hours and people who are members of the board of their community enlightened me about that gate while the center manager and I fastened back on. Its functional

The Driver

I drive.
Sorry for the run on sentence i've had a lot going on. Almost too much for my brain. Last week my best friend killed himself. Thats the worst of it all, but the list is growing. I appreciate your insight.

They had me stay put for several hours and people who are members of the board of their community enlightened me about that gate while the center manager and I fastened back on. Its functional

My bet is on this blowing over. I think you'll be okay. I had an accident as a seasonal and they kept me anyway. You handled it in the best possible way.

Watch out for gates in the future. I have to watch out for steep hills in the aftermath of winter storms...

Sorry to hear about your best friend. All the best to you.

El Correcto

god is dead
When you are trying to be the grammar police, you should damn well make sure your post is beyond reproach. Yours needs some work. But otherwise, good advice.
Walls of text just suck to read, no one bothers half the time. Im by no means a paragon of perfect grammar.

It’s all good, sounds like you were cleared. Keep your mouth shut like they said to and get used to the stress, you’ll be doing that a lot.

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box
You should Never try to squeeze through those gates ( most are timed for one vehicle to go through), but excellent job calling your Sup right away, better to be 100 percent honest about it and let the chips fall where they may.

Ya I thought there was a safety sensor. They way this gate was designed was to insure to hit someone. This lady deliberately stalled me so the vertical gate would hit me. They are so close together the gates look like one.

So in my uturn she opened the vertical gate then waited for the one that swings out.