30 years of service.

yes, but its all we got to mark how some of us spent more than half our lives... called an achievement. ..whatever you want to call it. Yes we made great money,,,but OMG just a trinket to show appreciation was fine.
Some of it is the employees fault too. The company gives you a little something and the employee doesn't want it, so why spend the money ?

Heavy Package

Personally, I find it very disrespectful. I'm not looking for pomp and circumstance but still it's nice to even be recognized a little.
Too many people have too much hate for a company that has given most, if not all, a very good life. Something I will never understand, especially when you make the choice to come in every day. No one puts a gun to your head to be here. If you're really that unhappy then GTFO.

Then don't treat employees like garbage. Why do I throw my awards away? Because UPS shows me each and every day how little they care about me, my time off, and my family life. Keep in mind that management doesn't give these awards out from the goodness of their heart. They are forced to do so at a PCM and it is rushed about with a phony hand shake and a check the box attitude.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
hittin my 30 this year and i kept the wooden 20 and 25 year plaques and will hang the 30 in my office/man cave. never kept anything cardboard or plastic. im proud of myself for this achievement in my life considering where i was heading at the time i was hired. so im thinking maybe they should change things to be more of a combined teamster/ups award and maybe be handed out by the steward instead of or in conjunction with the center manager. putting aside the feelings about current leadership or representation, i am damn proud to be a 30 year teamster as well as a 30 year UPSer

oldngray

nowhere special
hittin my 30 this year and i kept the wooden 20 and 25 year plaques and will hang the 30 in my office/man cave. never kept anything cardboard or plastic. im proud of myself for this achievement in my life considering where i was heading at the time i was hired. so im thinking maybe they should change things to be more of a combined teamster/ups award and maybe be handed out by the steward instead of or in conjunction with the center manager
I kept my plaques but they are sitting in my garage instead of hanging on a wall.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The teamsters here do retirement celebrations and hand out pretty cool leather jackets so it really is no big deal to throw the plaque away and hang up the jacket instead.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Then don't treat employees like garbage. Why do I throw my awards away? Because UPS shows me each and every day how little they care about me, my time off, and my family life. Keep in mind that management doesn't give these awards out from the goodness of their heart. They are forced to do so at a PCM and it is rushed about with a phony hand shake and a check the box attitude.
Usually most of ours collected dust, til someone dug them out.