$300 coolers

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

dee3f11d-80a6-43fe-acb7-a863b6cf30c1_2.4b30c016647292c50e9d852dfedec2a3.jpeg

This is what I use to bring my lunch to work everyday. There is room for a freezer pack, two bottles of water, sandwich and fruit. The water stays cold throughout the day; however, it does tend to get warm on really hot days, so I will wrap the bottles in aluminum foil to help keep them cold.

Over 70

Yeti you're just paying for the name. I read about them and they just found a niche with overpriced coolers that people are willing to pay for. The refuse to put them on sale to help keep their "premium" status. Look up reviews and you'll see cheap knockoffs will perform near or at their level. I think a $9 Ozark tumbler mug actually kept ice frozen longer than the $32 Yeti in a test. Save your money and don't buy a Yeti.

Exactly, coolers aren't rocket science...more insulation and a tighter seal on the lid. Unless I'm going to be off the grid for a whole week and need to keep something cold that long they are pointless to me.

I do a canoe trip once a year and my specific cooler just for beer that was $30 still has cold beer in it on Sunday after a Friday fill and being opened 50 times...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Exactly, coolers aren't rocket science...more insulation and a tighter seal on the lid. Unless I'm going to be off the grid for a whole week and need to keep something cold that long they are pointless to me.

I do a canoe trip once a year and my specific cooler just for beer that was $30 still has cold beer in it on Sunday after a Friday fill and being opened 50 times...
Personally I like my cooler to be a mix of ice and water. Especially my beer cooler.

I have friends with yetis and its retarded. Throw the bag of ice in there we have to "prime" the cooler. Man it says you need to keep the lid shut at all times. Keep that thing closed. Put it back in the shade!!!!

Then 5 hours hours later when we finish all of the beer they are like man look how much ice is left. WHO GIVES A FLYING :censored2:!!!!

Brownslave688

Brownslave688

YETI sued RTIC and won. RTIC has to pay YETI $$$ and redesign their products. If you go to the RTIC website, you can not find any drinkware available at all, tho they do have some coolers.
Cooler Wars: YETI Reaches Settlement With Rival RTIC
I don't mind spending money on the yeti drink stuff or koozie. If it keeps my drinks ice cold on 100 degree day awesome but the large coolers are simply not needed for 99% of people.

Over 70

I got a yeti koozie as a gift and I hate it. It's so heavy I can't tell how full my beer is lol. I've never been a big koozie guy cause my beer doesn't last that long.

Brownslave688

I got a yeti koozie as a gift and I hate it. It's so heavy I can't tell how full my beer is lol. I've never been a big koozie guy cause my beer doesn't last that long.
I'll agree that you really can't tell how much liquid is left.

Yeah if I'm drinking. Like sitting around drinking it won't get warm. If I'm working at the farm and drinking. I may take two swigs and it sit for an hour while I work.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Buy a Yetti 110. It's only like a bill. Stop being cheap. It's worth it. And stop with the "just as good". It's not.
I don't know, man. I can't think of any circumstance that a $500 cooler would be "worth it". Even when I go out on the boat all day, I take about a half gallon thermos full of water (don't even put ice in it, just cold from the tap) and I'm covered.