$300 coolers

Brownsfan

I don't know, man. I can't think of any circumstance that a $500 cooler would be "worth it". Even when I go out on the boat all day, I take about a half gallon thermos full of water (don't even put ice in it, just cold from the tap) and I'm covered.
I can. Your going on a deep deep camping trip far away from idiots and society, and you need the ice to stay icy for a long time. To me that just might be worth not having to interrupt my trip for ice.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I can. Your going on a deep deep camping trip far away from idiots and society, and you need the ice to stay icy for a long time. To me that just might be worth not having to interrupt my trip for ice.
I still don't know. I've gone on extended camping trips before. I take water. Not even any ice.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I don't know, man. I can't think of any circumstance that a $500 cooler would be "worth it". Even when I go out on the boat all day, I take about a half gallon thermos full of water (don't even put ice in it, just cold from the tap) and I'm covered.
How about the urban folk with the $890 sneakers?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
How do you do that? When we go camping we take a ton of food, drinks, and water. Maybe we're doing it wrong.
Everyone carries their own ruck. I take a Camelback with a few liters in it, along with several canteens. For food, I just take things that don't need any kind of temperature control and heat them right up on a fire. If we catch some fish while we're there, even better.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Everyone carries their own ruck. I take a Camelback with a few liters in it, along with several canteens. For food, I just take things that don't need any kind of temperature control and heat them right up on a fire. If we catch some fish while we're there, even better.
So, do you dig aa hole to use the bathroom and bathe in a creek/pond/lake?

Last edited:

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
No, he gets designer muscle shirts.
suns_out_guns_out.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
They were invented for week long hunting trips so you could butcher the meat or keep your trophy head cool while in the middle of no where.

People that can afford these trips are usually pretty wealthy. Instead of a Billy Bob spending 10k to go hunt antelope he just spends a few hundred on a cooler and suddenly he looks like one of those guys.

Status symbol.