I wonder if this means UPS is doubling down on the strike

cynz

The only reason I brought up Fast Food is because of past references saying we get too much. I was just showing that other companies also give benefits besides pay. With better working conditions.

The only reason I brought up Fast Food is because of past references saying we get too much. I was just showing that other companies also give benefits besides pay. With better working conditions.
Nobody's giving the same kind of health care benefits that UPS does
Maybe they have a 401k match but they do not have a pension plan like we do
Plus the annual raises

Over70irregs

UPS can afford our benefits. They just took away the pensions from management which they will save 1.6 billion a year.
I just read Mcdonalds in my state pays parttime 32,000 a year, time off with pay ,100% match 401k, medical leave, and maternity leave with paternal leave. They have A/C and Heat. Thats a fast-food restaurant.
We are a Billion Dollar Domestic and International Company.
Who pays one person our CEO 32 million a year.
So far, we have had 5 employees go down from heat last week and our safety person told me 4 people a week before. Its only getting hotter, I'm on vacation next week ,work a week ,vacation a week work a week, just to get through this heat.
It’s scorching

Over70irregs

I’ve heard different explanations for this. Are they losing their pension? Or they’re not gaining new credits for pension or what? Either way that sucks, why did this happen?
I think Central State? Maybe this is why UPS pulled out? Not sure but I played the video on Bluetooth and I felt his anger. Sucks

Commercial Inside Release

Dunno about McDonald's, but...

Chipotle offers
Cashier to cook $30k to $34k\yr
Part time qualifies for benefits

Quarterly Bonus You've Earned It.
Education Assistance You Go Grad.
Free Chipotle Burritos On Us. ($12-18 daily, if you count free drinks.)
Paid Time Off Take a Break.
Assistance Program Care for Mind, Body, & Spirit.
401(K) Retirement Savings Cash for Future You.

Some young workers get jobs there for the food, and make it a career.
Some areas pay more
Crew, Full Time $41,300.
Kitchen Leader $46,300.
Service Leader $49,400.
Apprentice $71,100.
General Manager $87,500. (I've heard $60k)
Certified Training Manager $106,600.

Undertow

UPS can afford our benefits. They just took away the pensions from management which they will save 1.6 billion a year.
I just read Mcdonalds in my state pays parttime 32,000 a year, time off with pay ,100% match 401k, medical leave, and maternity leave with paternal leave. They have A/C and Heat. Thats a fast-food restaurant.
We are a Billion Dollar Domestic and International Company.
Who pays one person our CEO 32 million a year.
So far, we have had 5 employees go down from heat last week and our safety person told me 4 people a week before. Its only getting hotter, I'm on vacation next week ,work a week ,vacation a week work a week, just to get through this heat.
I forgot how draining the heat could really be when I first bid off of a country run and onto a business heavy car where I was in and oout of so many climate controlled buildings for 2/3rds of the day. Then the pandemic hit and no restaurant would seat anybody and that really got tough. All us delivery drivers were just fighting for any spot of shade to get relief in and many of us felt less energy after a lunch and break than refreshed and ready to go. When the heat index is triple digits for weeks on end it takes a toll on everybody young or old.