3147 Hours

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
2618 hours for me in 2008, and that made me dog tired. What would another 500 do to a person?
It makes you a person without life away from UPS.

We had a driver that retired a few years back that worked hours like that.

Died 8 months afterward.

Im with you mat!

d

rod

Retired 22 years
I love idiots that work like this. Keep paying into SS so I can get mine. His wifes next husband is going to be a rich man.:wink2:

705red

Browncafe Steward
Just over 2260 hours. At 3147 hours, he worked 17 hours more per week than I did. That's insane!

Red made an excellent point regarding this guy working through his vacations, especially if there are drivers sitting at home while he is doing so. Vacations are in place for a reason and no one should work through their vacations, with very few exceptions. There was one vacation that I did work through--we had a driver who had a death in the family shortly before Peak so I offered to help out and was given comp time the week after Christmas. I have to admit that the extra money was nice but nearly 1000 hours more is simply stupid IMO.

Hey upstate buddy, by reading this forum and seeing some of the new threads/polls you have started recently maybe you should take a few stops off of this guy daily and split the difference in hours worked between yourselves. Than maybe he can come on here and post occasionally to! lol:happy-very::happy2::happy2::happy-very:

Bad Gas!

We have a driver who has 3147 hours for the year. Is that a record or something? He works about all vacations and cashes out his week of sick pay.
Just a working fool? But six digit pay!
Any other package driver with over 3000 hrs?

If this guy has a good looking wife, he better phone home before coming home early......The problem may be he likes work more than home...You can't buy happiness!

chev

Nightcrawler
Well, I had 2,742.23 for the year. :happy-very:
I worked 0 vacations. In our district we are allowed to "sell"/work one vacation only if we have 4 or more vacations per year.

What'dyabringmetoday???

I dream of the day that all jobs are eight hours maximum. I know this is a fantasy, but think how many more jobs there would be. If you can't live on 40 at our wages, chances are you won't do much better with 60.

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
We're not allowed to work any of our vacations whatsoever. Apparently a couple years ago several grievances were filed and management will no longer allow it.

diesel96

Top Ten reasons why this UPSER works so many hours:

1) Wife wears Prada and shops at SAK's
2) Lives with "mother-in-law"
3) Henpecked with "Honey Do's" at home
4) Owns stock with Red Bull
5) Wife left him for a "six" figure man
6) Mngmt's promotional "hazing" hiring procedures
7) His lover lives on route and is last stop of the day
8) Wants honorable mention in The UPS Guiness book of world records
9) He married my Ex...
10) UPS clone experiment born and bred in a lab

NaiveRapture

Learning the system
Top Ten reasons why this UPSER works so many hours:

1) Wife wears Prada and shops at SAK's
2) Lives with "mother-in-law"
3) Henpecked with "Honey Do's" at home
4) Owns stock with Red Bull
5) Wife left him for a "six" figure man
6) Mngmt's promotional "hazing" hiring procedures
7) His lover lives on route and is last stop of the day
8) Wants honorable mention in The UPS Guiness book of world records
9) He married my Ex...
10) UPS clone experiment born and bred in a lab
This is some good stuff right here :)

chev

Nightcrawler
I dream of the day that all jobs are eight hours maximum. I know this is a fantasy, but think how many more jobs there would be. If you can't live on 40 at our wages, chances are you won't do much better with 60.

Personally, I like the $$ I make from the OT. It affords me the play money and finer things in life as well as a nest egg for my old and gray years. Who in their right mind does not want to make a great living? Why should I sacrifice my OT so someone else will get hired at less $$? I'm all for people being employed but not when it costs me thousands a year. Sorry. I tend to like money.:wink2: 8 hours a day indeed..... I wouldn't know what to do with the extra 4 hours a day.:raspberry:

Hmmm.....$55,000 a year or $90,000 a year. I can't decide which is better and that's not even 60 hours a week.
I average about 51.

Last edited:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
In the new contract it is a violation that UPS allows a bidded vacation employ to work their vacation. I'd be filing on it from this day forward.

Being that I am a utility driver and I have to bid week to week on the rte that I want I don't think it's right a driver that is supposed to be on vacation be allowed to work.

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
I worked 2045. I might have worked more if I were at top rate (due to hit top rate 11/09). But I don't think I could've worked 1,102 hours more thats effin nuts. :knockedout: