3147 Hours

BrownPR215

What Can Brown Do To You!
I make $17.15 an hour my overtime rate is 25.72, top rate (in our contract) is 28.59 the overtime rate is 42.88 thats a big difference. Personally I do not see a big incentive ($$) to want to work alot of overtime hours. I average 3-4 hours ot per week. I'd rather be home with my family. When I hit top rate then there is a big incentive (42.88) to wanna work the OT. Thats just my opinion. To each his/her own!

W

westsideworma

maybe he means he would have asked for more hours if he was getting paid top rate? I dunno :confused:

browndevil

In the new contract it is a violation that UPS allows a bidded vacation employ to work their vacation. I'd be filing on it from this day forward.

Being that I am a utility driver and I have to bid week to week on the rte that I want I don't think it's right a driver that is supposed to be on vacation be allowed to work.
You bring up some good points here Dill. I would also like to add that these drivers that constantly work through their vacations are hurting drivers that are on layoff.

705red

Browncafe Steward
In the new contract it is a violation that UPS allows a bidded vacation employ to work their vacation. I'd be filing on it from this day forward.

Being that I am a utility driver and I have to bid week to week on the rte that I want I don't think it's right a driver that is supposed to be on vacation be allowed to work.
File away dill, if you cover drivers bid routes weekly, than that route must be bid for weekly coverage. Let mr.ups bid and swing on another routes if he wants. If they dont bid his route and he works more hours than you that week, file for the difference in pay!

gded

I think this guy is making up the hours. Should go into sup positions. Their good in making up numbers`~`

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I think this guy is making up the hours. Should go into sup positions. Their good in making up numbers`~`

That's a good point

3147 hrs can actually be what an on-car supervisor or center manager do every year. All the center managers I've known come in at 6am to see their "numbers", and usually stay past 6pm every night. The on-cars come in for around 7am.

Thank God for being an hourly employee

LiL"Comet"

Top Ten reasons why this UPSER works so many hours:

1) Wife wears Prada and shops at SAK's
2) Lives with "mother-in-law"
3) Henpecked with "Honey Do's" at home
4) Owns stock with Red Bull
5) Wife left him for a "six" figure man
6) Mngmt's promotional "hazing" hiring procedures
7) His lover lives on route and is last stop of the day
8) Wants honorable mention in The UPS Guiness book of world records
9) He married my Ex...
10) UPS clone experiment born and bred in a lab

LOL Diesel

2,367 hours T-T-D total, don't know if that includes vaca time off or not(didn't research it). IT took all my Vaca time off plus an additional week off without pay, plus all my option days and a few extra W/O pay days off for various reasons. Would have taken more days off if they were available. I can't wait till I can hang out with Rod all day long, EVERYDAY!

Overpaid Union Thug

We haven't been aloud to work during our vacations for some time now. That goes for everyone and not just full-time employees.

I had 2347.55 for the year. I only missed three days of work this year and they were schedule in advance (way in advance). That doesn't include my option days. If I want to work through vacation I think that I would pick that option for the option week. Until then.....I want the time off.

I basically use my option 3 days for doctor visits and those days that come up from time to time that I need off. I've never failed to use them all. I would never sell a week of vaca and work any time I don't have to.

chev

Nightcrawler

If we want to work our vacation, we go to the bottom of the cover list. We don't get to run our normal trip. No drivers are displaced.:wink2:

A

anonymous6

I'm seeing new drivers ( 1-2yrs ) that were bragging about all the hr they were putting in at the beginning. buying the new house, harley, boat etc until they HAVE to work 60 hrs aweek.

tried to tell them to pace themselves.

Now, they are all burned out. Tired and disgusted already.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm seeing new drivers ( 1-2yrs ) that were bragging about all the hr they were putting in at the beginning. buying the new house, harley, boat etc until they HAVE to work 60 hrs aweek.

tried to tell them to pace themselves.

Now, they are all burned out. Tired and disgusted already.

Only 28 years to go--plenty of time to pay for the house, Harley, boat and all of the other toys. Too bad they'll be too tired to enjoy any of them.

chev

Nightcrawler
Only 28 years to go--plenty of time to pay for the house, Harley, boat and all of the other toys. Too bad they'll be too tired to enjoy any of them.
I agree with that. This is one reason so many people got into trouble with sub prime mortgages. They don't know how to live within their means.:wink2:
I like some over time but 60 a week is just too much. I would prefer to only work 10hrs a day.