34 hour reset

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
@Mugarolla-----just curious----at any point in that conversation did you bother to tell them that you had not yet taken your meal break?

Sir, what you did would officially be called a dick move.

They knew my schedule. I was scheduled to take a meal when I got there, and then sort for the next hour and a half until sort down.

When I arrived and called in my loads at the phones, they told me to start shifting as soon as I broke down my inbounds.

Per the contract, I am work as directed when I arrive at another hub.

Who am I to question management?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Sir, what you did would officially be called a dick move.

Not even close.

Not to say I've never done a dick move.

I was pretty new in feeders, and the job that I was on did have me shift in their yard for about an hour.

My first move was to put an empty trailer on a door. Being fairly new in feeders, I struggled a little bit.

Every time I thought I had it on the door, it was cockeyed as hell and I had to try again.

After about 15 minutes of this, the yard guy came over and nicely asked me just to drop the trailer right where it was, and that dispatch would like to see me.

Went up to dispatch and apologized and told them I would get better. They very nicely begged me not to shift again. They asked me to find a nice dark corner in their yard and take a nap from now on.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
"At what point should I take my meal break?"

And at least I told them that I wasn't going to make the sort.

I gave them the opportunity to make service on those two trailers.

I could have just taken my meal, hooked up and left, and missed the sort, telling them that I thought I could make it.

Dough99

i get off work saturday morning around 3am. but I wanted to come in sunday morning and work inside and get double time for 4 or 8 hours. will that violate the 34 hour reset rule? wondering because I won't be driving just working in he building loading trailers.
Are you a driver?