396 Halts all promotions from PT to RPCD

UnionGuy

My driver and his on road supervisor confirmed that 396 is no longer promoting PTers to RPCD. Everyone now has to become a 22.4 and promote to RPCD from there.

Maplewood

My driver and his on road supervisor confirmed that 396 is no longer promoting PTers to RPCD. Everyone now has to become a 22.4 and promote to RPCD from there.

That would be correct unless all current 22.4 vacancies are full and none of them want to move to RPCD. In that case the job would be bid to PT.
On a related note we may as well flush the Transfer list. I was told if I transfered i would have to go in as 22.4 at the 22.4 pay rate! Thanks Hoffa!

sandwich

The resident gearhead

Any where there is a long wait for full time, the company is going to drag their feet on promoting 22.4 to RPCD.

ManInBrown

Any where there is a long wait for full time, the company is going to drag their feet on promoting 22.4 to RPCD.
Lol. I’ll believe 22.4 to RPCD when I see it. Why would they ever allow that? I don’t care what the contract says. They will violate it. The whole point of 22.4 was to completely reset the pay structure.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Too bad the contract doesn't support this and your local doesn't get to make this decision.

Are you really going to be the guy who tries to defend this position?

Anyone with common sense can see this is going to be the end result. Can the company definitively say they will never hire a part-timer directly to RPCD, no, but as long as full-timers bid before part-timers it will be a rare occasion when this happens.

542thruNthru

Are you really going to be the guy who tries to defend this position?

Anyone with common sense can see this is going to be the end result. Can the company definitively say they will never hire a part-timer directly to RPCD, no, but as long as full-timers bid before part-timers it will be a rare occasion when this happens.

Actually Mr. Rick Ross I am going to defend my position.

Let me tell you why....

396 and 542 share the same Supplmental/Rider. We have language in our contracts that do not allow what he says is going to happen.

Unless his local wants to be hit with a ton of ULPs I doubt he is being told the truth.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Actually Mr. Rick Ross I am going to defend my position.

Let me tell you why....

396 and 542 share the same Supplmental/Rider. We have language in our contracts that do not allow what he says is going to happen.

Unless his local wants to be hit with a ton of ULPs I doubt he is being told the truth.

I figured there would be supplements with much better language then mine. In my building there won't be another direct PT to RPCD for the life of this contract.

How does your language differ?

542thruNthru

I figured there would be supplements with much better language then mine. In my building there won't be another direct PT to RPCD for the life of this contract.

How does your language differ?

@UnionGuy you might want to read this.

Well first in the western region we don't put up bid sheets that everyone signs. We have a PT to FT list that everyone who wants to be a RPCD is on(WRT Art 7). Once you reach enough seniority you are offered the next RPCD position in whatever center that needs one inside your local.

Now when it comes to 22.4s in the Southwest Package Rider(Sec 41.2). The language says that any 22.4 that wish to promote can place their name on the PT-FT list.
sketch-1576115512865.jpg

On that list, FT seniority does not trump PT seniority. They are equal. So if a 22.4 has 8 years seniority and a preloader has 10. The preloader will be offered the RPCD position first.

This is why I say his local can not make that decision because it's in our contract that they must go off the PT-FT list.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Reading what some of the other areas have negotiated is depressing. The Atlantic Supplement has to be one of the weakest out there.

WTFm8

Has anyone realized he's going off of what 1 driver and a ORS told him.

It’s what the 2 hubs by me are doing. PT are transferring between them to get 22.4 positions.

1 also posted 50 22.3 positions.

Problem is there’s still huge turnover because workforce/selection/HR suck.

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
22.4 to RPCD is whats happening in my building. I know for a fact the 22.4s that got promoted RPCD have much lower seniority than a lot of part-timers. We won't really know until a PTer files.